Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 06-08-2009, 08:52 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
if Dana will go as far as bringing Kimbo Slice into TUF and thereby possibly the UFC...Fedor might be best NOT to come to the UFC afterall
Why would that be? I hope I hope your not getting at thinking Kimbo would actually last past round 1 with Fedor are you??
Old 06-08-2009, 08:55 PM
Crisco

Kimbo is excellent tuf quality.

It will be make for good viewing and Dana is not billing him as a main event fighter.

Cut the hate.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:56 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Kimbo is excellent tuf quality.

It will be make for good viewing and Dana is not billing him as a main event fighter.

Cut the hate.
Who's hating? Im just being realistic..
Old 06-08-2009, 08:59 PM
Hughes_GOAT

i'm glad they signed Kimbo to TUF! will make for excellent drama!
Old 06-08-2009, 09:06 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy
Why would that be? I hope I hope your not getting at thinking Kimbo would actually last past round 1 with Fedor are you??
No. I'm saying that Dana White stands to either make TUF the next Gem...or more likely he's about to sink that ship once and for all.

Fedor has Standards. Lets wait to see if the UFC deserves him or not. I for one am NOT convinced by Kimbo Slice
Old 06-08-2009, 09:12 PM
Crisco

Quote:
No. I'm saying that Dana White stands to either make TUF the next Gem...or more likely he's about to sink that ship once and for all.

Fedor has Standards. Lets wait to see if the UFC deserves him or not. I for one am NOT convinced by Kimbo Slice
So your basing Fedor coming to the UFC upon who Dana white lets compete on his reality show that no one considers the winners to be contenders?
Old 06-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
So your basing Fedor coming to the UFC upon who Dana white lets compete on his reality show that no one considers the winners to be contenders?
No.

I am saying that if TUF goes any more sour, it will start to directly effect the integrity of the Institution.

I'm saying He might not want to work for what might soon become a laughing stock.

I was trying to put it nicely.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:23 PM
Crisco

Quote:
No.

I am saying that if TUF goes any more sour, it will start to directly effect the integrity of the Institution.

I'm saying He might not want to work for what might soon become a laughing stock.

I was trying to put it nicely.
That is a bold statement Dave.

TUF could never make the UFC a laughing stock and if it did it wouldn't be anytime soon. The talent pool is too deep.

I thought this season of tuff was actually really good and the guys all worked hard. There was minimal bull**** and the fights are really good so far.

This season is much bette then last season. HUGE improvement.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:44 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
That is a bold statement Dave.

TUF could never make the UFC a laughing stock and if it did it wouldn't be anytime soon. The talent pool is too deep.

I thought this season of tuff was actually really good and the guys all worked hard. There was minimal bull**** and the fights are really good so far.

This season is much bette then last season. HUGE improvement.
This season hasnt really shown off that deep tallent pool has it crisco. Yes, there is finally less "drama" but how does putting Kimbo Slice into TUF create anything more then a freak show out of the thing which helpped the UFC on its most recent push towards mainstream sport??

Its been recycled so much not even the noobs are watching it half as much, and there is little point when you ban people who might have been good, but give every one who competes a contract at the end.

When you start to recycle, by using former contestants as coaches...I just think its had its day.