Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > The Ultimate Fighter

Old 06-04-2009, 05:54 AM
atomdanger

Default TUF 9.10 *Spoilers inside*

Wow, WTF.

Horrible fight on both parts I thought, I was not impressed with Johnson,
at all. He did nothing with his mounts, he was only ever near finishing when the other guy just laid there. Jeez, The only good part was the sloppy exchange at the end of the first. The whole fight I was just yelling at my television for Nick to do SOMETHING, anything at all really. They were both gassed in the third,
I couldn't imagine either of those guys hanging in the UFC based on that performance. (I haven't watched all season)
Old 06-04-2009, 11:19 AM
County Mike

I felt the same way. Demarquez was supposed to be the top fighter on the American team. He looked OK at best. Nick gave up his back a few times and Demarquez didn't even know what to do with it.

The really funny part is that Dana loved the end of the first round when they just threw random wild swings at each other. I guess it's exciting but it's not good fighting at all.

My biggest surprise this season is how easily all the fighters gas out. No conditioning at all.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:39 AM
cubsfan47

The comments that have been posted about some of the previous episodes made me glad I haven't been watching this season. From the two comments posted on the recent episode, I don't think I'll be watching any of the rest of the season either.

I pulled out my disks with episodes from earlier seasons and there used to be something to the series. Not any more in my opinion. Since I haven't watched my opinion doesn't have much value probably.

What's gone wrong with this thing?

It also appears season 10 will just be a parody of mixed martial arts. Wow.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:49 PM
GnP

Wow horrible fight if thatís what these guys look like after training with Hendo and Bisping for Ten weeks the really don't deserve to be in the UFC. I am pretty confident that even the bottom rung UFC fighters would school these two.

Condinting is staggering how bad it is this year.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:51 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
I felt the same way. Demarquez was supposed to be the top fighter on the American team. He looked OK at best. Nick gave up his back a few times and Demarquez didn't even know what to do with it.

The really funny part is that Dana loved the end of the first round when they just threw random wild swings at each other. I guess it's exciting but it's not good fighting at all.

My biggest surprise this season is how easily all the fighters gas out. No conditioning at all.
EXACTLY.
He was talking about how dangerous and feared he is on the ground, man...
He had his back several times, and had mount 2 or 3 times, and couldn't put him away. O_o

And me too, about the conditioning, I've only watched a couple episodes this season,
but jeez, you're wanting to compete at a UFC level and you're gassing from a fight like that?

I try to find positives in every fight I watch... but there wasn't much
Old 06-08-2009, 12:36 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Semi-Final time, and never before has Dana White worried about getting one of each team into the final, but he's often suggested team mate verses team mate. This time he used the former to verify the latter, and then come fight announcement, changed his mind.

So Camron Dollar didnt get what he wanted, and niether did James and Damarques who wanted to fight each other and "hurt" each others "feelings" yeah...thats macho Johnson hahaha.

Nick wanted to get information on Damarques, so he went and primed Faulkner to chat with Jason Pierce, who, we are led to believe told him all about Damarques in training. Certainly Nick knew a few things about Johnson that he shouldnt have known, and Ritchie Whitton thought he heard the Britons talking about it. When Confronted by Dan Henderson after training, Jason denies all knowledge of course.

the first round started well and damarques was getting the better of things, but when it went to the ground in the closing two moments, Johnson spent an age in the guard doing nothing, and Nick was pretty much the same. In the closing few seconds they got to their feet and nearly both of them got knocked out.

In the second round was much slower, and when the fight went to the ground even with taking the back, Johnson couldnt finish. They both began to gas I think. Both tried submission attempts, but it was all a little half assed. A triangle that never got locked in from nick, and a Kimura which was abandoned from Johnson

In the final moment Damarques, the best US fighter got mount and took Nicks back. However, he failed to capitalized. Meanwhile Bisping started to complain that Damarques was targetting the back of the head and blagged the ref into a warning against Johnson

off they went into the third round and Nick took a beating big time, but never gave up. The pace was increadibly slow as both guys had gassed by now, and finally it went to the ground in the closing moments, where there was a constant struggle for positioning but no major action.

Predictably Damarques won by decision, but it didnt make him look very good. The first round was alright, but after that it was downhill for both fighters. I'm not the only one who believes that Damarques Johnson could have won with such a greater margine, there is a large consensus that Johnson had better have worked on his conditioning before the Finale if he hopes to make it big after the finale.