Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-02-2009, 01:22 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Obama on Israel.

Does anyone else feel thaty Obama's actions and stances on Israel are well... It just makes me SOOOOOOOOOO angry.

They have been our strongest ally aside from England and yet he continue to side with the ****ing terrorists.

This is what happens when you elect a radical muslim sympathizer.

although settlement freezes are probably a good idea with they hope to achieve some sort of stability in the short run.

Last edited by Crisco; 06-02-2009 at 01:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-04-2009, 08:02 PM
CAVEMAN
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I have a feeling with this man in office, we will see the end of our alliance with Israel. Yet another nail in the coffin for this country.........
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-06-2009, 04:47 AM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I really don't care. I don't understand why we care so much about Israel.

Can somebody explain why we should? In short?

I have always sort of wondered when the Talmud says thing like
Sanhedrin 57a . When a Jew murders a gentile, there will be no death penalty. What a Jew steals from a gentile he may keep.

Yebamoth 98a. All gentile children are animals.


O_o From the Talmud.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-06-2009, 05:22 AM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
I really don't care. I don't understand why we care so much about Israel.

Can somebody explain why we should? In short?

I have always sort of wondered when the Talmud says thing like
Sanhedrin 57a . When a Jew murders a gentile, there will be no death penalty. What a Jew steals from a gentile he may keep.

Yebamoth 98a. All gentile children are animals.


O_o From the Talmud.
Well, they are the only democratic-republic in the Middle East, everything else over there (pre-Iraq war) was just a tyrannical Muslim state. It used to be that people in America loved freedom so much that they wanted the entire world to enjoy the rights that are guaranteed by our Constitution. Nowadays, the liberal morons believe that the attempt to lift other nations of the world out of oppression is just modern day imperialism. And the average American is just too self-absorbed to care whether other people are free or enslaved.

What Israel has that the Arab nations surrounding it don't:
1. right to vote
2. freedom of speech
3. freedom of religion
4. freedom of the press
5. equal rights for women
6. the highest percentage of scientists and artists in their population than ANY other nation in the world
...and the list goes on....

Plus, there is that little verse in the Bible where GOD states that He will bless those who bless Israel, and curse those who curse Israel.

The Talmud is just Rabbinical commentary on the Torah. It's not considered divinely inspired like the Torah. So, no need to condemn an entire nation of 5 million people over a couple of out-of-context quotes written centuries ago.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-06-2009, 07:38 AM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR

Plus, there is that little verse in the Bible where GOD states that He will bless those who bless Israel, and curse those who curse Israel.

The Talmud is just Rabbinical commentary on the Torah. It's not considered divinely inspired like the Torah. So, no need to condemn an entire nation of 5 million people over a couple of out-of-context quotes written centuries ago.
So, we care because they are middle eastern and democratic?

They don't follow the Talmud?

Obviously I am uneducated on the subject,
but why hold a Jewish country in higher standard than a Muslim one?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-08-2009, 04:54 AM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
So, we care because they are middle eastern and democratic?

They don't follow the Talmud?

Obviously I am uneducated on the subject,
but why hold a Jewish country in higher standard than a Muslim one?
Because, like us, the Jews value freedom and equality. You can't really say that about the Muslim states.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-08-2009, 05:45 AM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Because, like us, the Jews value freedom and equality. You can't really say that about the Muslim states.
You make a point.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.