Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-04-2009, 03:53 PM
GnP

Default UFC in the UK?

Guess this only applies to the UFC fans here in the UK. What will become of UFC viewing now Setanta is going down the toilet? I could not bare to go back to 24/48 hour tape delay on Bravo, sure it means getting up early but at least I do not have to avoid MMA websites for two days when Setanta show it.

Any one know what is happening hopefully SKY will pick it up now it is more mainstream. However i suspect they will be scared after the Cage rage debacle.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:57 PM
County Mike

What happened at Cage Rage?
Old 06-04-2009, 09:33 PM
Crisco

i think there was a riot or something to that effect
Old 06-04-2009, 09:39 PM
GnP

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
What happened at Cage Rage?

They signed a multi event deal with Sky, and Sky dropped them after two events as the veiweing figures were less than half a million. They did not even fill the arenas where the event was held, it made for very uncomfotable veiwing with half the place empty.

Sky also complained about a lack of proffesionalism on Cage Rages part as they would just not turn up to meetings to discuss issues or upcoming events. Add into that that there was 'apparently' a large fight off camera at the second event.

Hopefuly they will see what a different animal the UFC is.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:18 AM
clm12704

Setanta isn't around anymore??? Uh oh...
Old 06-05-2009, 08:47 AM
GnP

Quote:
Originally Posted by clm12704
Setanta isn't around anymore??? Uh oh...

The talk is that the England match will be there last Live football they show and they shpuld be done within the month. This also apparently the real reason behind the Haye fight being canceled as they still owe him a considerable sum
Old 06-05-2009, 12:21 PM
Buc Nasty

I saw an advert yesterday that said all premiership football is split between sky sports and setanta next season?

This sucks if its true the channel is done for.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:32 PM
GnP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty
I saw an advert yesterday that said all premiership football is split between sky sports and setanta next season?

This sucks if its true the channel is done for.

By all accounts thats whats done for them they lost there major prem package thus have lost major advertising revenue. They still owe the scottish fa 40 mill and are 100 mill in the red
Old 06-05-2009, 05:47 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnP
Guess this only applies to the UFC fans here in the UK. What will become of UFC viewing now Setanta is going down the toilet? I could not bare to go back to 24/48 hour tape delay on Bravo, sure it means getting up early but at least I do not have to avoid MMA websites for two days when Setanta show it.

Any one know what is happening hopefully SKY will pick it up now it is more mainstream. However i suspect they will be scared after the Cage rage debacle.
Whats wrong with Setanta