Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Training/Nutrition

Old 05-28-2009, 12:10 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Do the math. How much protein, carbs, and fats do you want for your meal? If that equates to 3 scoops, then use 3 scoops, if it equates to 2 scoops, use 2 scoops, etc.s
Old 05-28-2009, 12:14 PM
County Mike

To make ice cream out of muscle milk:

First: You need an ice cream maker. I have one made by Cuisinart.

I blend the powder, milk and whatever other ingredients I want in a blender. Then I pour the mixture into my ice cream maker and let it run for 25 minutes. Normal ice cream recipe calls for 1 cup milk, 2 cups heavy cream and a cup of sugar. I skip the sugar and just use 3 cups of fat free Lactaid. I'll admit it doesn't taste as good as Ben and Jerry's, but it's good enough and for some reason, eating it as ice cream seems better than drinking it as a shake.

I usually add peanut butter, bananas, honey and sometimes chocolate chips.
I always add a small bit of vanilla extract.

Different muscle milk flavors help give you some variety.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:07 PM
mikthehick

I'm trying to get rid of the food in my house, so i'm wittling down the muscle milk and whey protein compounds before they get old.

Honestly, after a workout, all I want is a glass of milk and then i put some powder in. If I'm still hungry, then I'll usually eat a sandwich or something else that requires little effort. I don't usually cook in the summer anyway, rather be outside enjoying the porch and the sunsets
Old 05-28-2009, 04:57 PM
sender

Mike.... That is the most awesome thing I have ever heard... im off to buy an icecream maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
To make ice cream out of muscle milk:

First: You need an ice cream maker. I have one made by Cuisinart.

I blend the powder, milk and whatever other ingredients I want in a blender. Then I pour the mixture into my ice cream maker and let it run for 25 minutes. Normal ice cream recipe calls for 1 cup milk, 2 cups heavy cream and a cup of sugar. I skip the sugar and just use 3 cups of fat free Lactaid. I'll admit it doesn't taste as good as Ben and Jerry's, but it's good enough and for some reason, eating it as ice cream seems better than drinking it as a shake.

I usually add peanut butter, bananas, honey and sometimes chocolate chips.
I always add a small bit of vanilla extract.

Different muscle milk flavors help give you some variety.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:28 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by sender
Mike.... That is the most awesome thing I have ever heard... im off to buy an icecream maker
It's EXTREME Ice Cream!
Old 05-28-2009, 09:06 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Protein in a multi-vitamin? LOL, that's funny. Even the most protein dense foods on the planet would be about 1-2g of protein for the physical size of a multi-vitamin. Factor in that a multi has many other nutrients contained within that physical size, thus, the "protein" is negligible and most likely, very unbioavailable.

Jason, is your goal to get bigger, cut fat, maintain your current weight, gain strength, etc.? If you're trying to bulk, it sounds like you have a good plan. The basic function of a MRP such as Muscle Milk is to give you some "quick calories" simply because it's difficult to be able to eat constantly throughout the day due to time constraints. Obviously, whole food is the best option, but there's nothing wrong with a few MRPs each day.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:12 PM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
Protein in a multi-vitamin? LOL, that's funny. Even the most protein dense foods on the planet would be about 1-2g of protein for the physical size of a multi-vitamin. Factor in that a multi has many other nutrients contained within that physical size, thus, the "protein" is negligible and most likely, very unbioavailable.

Jason, is your goal to get bigger, cut fat, maintain your current weight, gain strength, etc.? If you're trying to bulk, it sounds like you have a good plan. The basic function of a MRP such as Muscle Milk is to give you some "quick calories" simply because it's difficult to be able to eat constantly throughout the day due to time constraints. Obviously, whole food is the best option, but there's nothing wrong with a few MRPs each day.
lol I just looked its less then 1% of the daily amount needed wtf did they even add it?

I want to get as big as I can get while still being able to cut to 152 wich becomes 154 late in the wrestling season. basicly to bulk as leanly as possible(Lose fat and gain muscle ) and stay under 170
Old 05-28-2009, 09:14 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 16
lol I just looked its less then 1% of the daily amount needed wtf did they even add it?
LOL, figured so. Plus, it's probably not really bioavailable to you. Most store purchased multis are garbage anyways. Men's One-A-Day vitamins only have about a 3% yield, meaning if it says you get 100% of your RDA for Vitamin A, you're only getting 3%. The ones at GNC, Vitamin World, Vitamin Shoppe, etc. are junk. However, I'm not sure about "Animal Pak", but it's probably junk considering it's in the same class as Twinlab, Optimum Nutrition, etc.

In case you're curious, I posted about this in another thread. I recently switch to USANA because of this study and threw away my Men's One-A-Day:
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1414

Well, try to make sure your daily caloric intake is your weight x18-20. That should be enough excess calories to allow your body to grow. So 150 x 18 is 2700 calories and 150 x 20 is 3000, so somewhere within that range should help you bulk up. If, after 2 weeks, you haven't gained any weight, add 200 more calories per day. For every 10 pounds you gain, add another 400 calories. Also, make sure you're getting at least 1g of protein per pound of body weight (I recommend x 1.5). Eat plenty of healthy fats to keep your homronal balances in check (avacado, nuts, flaxseed oil, sunflower seeds, etc.) and eat fibrous carbs (get at least 25g of fiber a day to keep your intestinal tract clean and healthy). Pretty simply and basic stuff to help you get started.

Good luck!
Old 05-31-2009, 09:18 PM

Can't stand muscle milk! Optimum is my stuffs, I've been taking the pro complex and I love it.
I never listen to serving sizes on these things anyways, I'm 155 and I take a gram of protein per body lb daily.

My buddy just got me 50 sample packs (2 servings per pack) of muscletech's 'nitro-tech hardcore', it's crap and I could have told him that and saved him the effort, but he wanted to surprise me. Don't know why I thought of that, I guess thinking about crappy overpriced protein made it pop up in my brain piece

Old 05-31-2009, 09:26 PM

I'm taking multi-v by sportpharma, so far I like it, it's got greens, antioxidants, energizers, good little product