Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 05-30-2009, 08:25 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Well, that's wrong as well. Of course it happens, but those people aren't asking to be "sanctified" by the state.
Unlike the fornicators, the gays wish to solidify their relationship and have it legally recognized as a mutually exclusive married relationship.

Quote:
The problem here is that somewhere along the line a few people have started to consider gay sex as normal and as healthy as hetero sex. I would disagree with that and most people who are against gay marriage would as well. It's a perversion of the natural use of the human body, there is nothing healthy or normal about it and the last thing we need to do is teach our children that it is acceptable behavior.
To those who feel that they were born gay, it is normal and healthy. I don't know any gay folks who "chose" to be gay.

Quote:
Since when?
Since the first time a non religious person was married.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy
What are you trying to say? If your hinting around that I do that? WHO, WHAT, WHERE, AND HOW I do someone is none of your business. My children do not know my sexual business thank you very much!! As a matter of fact any gal with class would not bring that out in front of her children!
Just like WHO, WHAT, WHERE, AND HOW they do someone should be none of your business, but you make it yours. You have already alluded to your personal business on a public forum, so it is quite possible that people who you wish didn't know your business do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Ha ha ha , Buzzard supports homo rights. HA HA HA HA
Yep, sure do. Just as I would support your rights if I felt that they were being infringed on. I'm an equal opportunity advocate, even if I am not affected in it. If I feel you are being treated unjustly, I will come to your defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
No, you are assuming that I meant to break up the relationship. What if we were all agreeable? Why shouldn't we be allowed to marry? It is our pursuit of happiness, right? What about the teacher and her 13 year old lover who wanted to get legally married? They both wanted it and didn't see it as morally wrong so why not?

I am showing you that your 'pursuit of happiness' argument doesn't hold water.
If you were all agreeable to share in a marriage, I say go for it. I am not being harmed by what you do behind closed doors and it should be no business of mine.

A thirteen year old person isn't legally allowed to make adult decisions. If the thirteen year old person is capable of showing the courts that he/she is {can't think of the word}, then it again is none of my business. In ancient times, people got married at ages younger than that. I believe it is written in the bible. I may be wrong, but I believe I have read about younger marriages in the bible.

My pursuit of happiness argument hold more water than your does in my opinion. Your results may differ.

Quote:
I'd be interested to know how "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" applies to gay marriage or marriage in general. Especially since homosexuality would have been considered a crime in the days of our Founding Fathers.
Couldn't that also be said for interracial marriages? Not to equate the civil right issue with the marriage issue except for the point of a denial of liberties that each side has encountered.

Quote:
Yeah, they should be happy with civil unions. To try to claim that this is somehow a Civil Rights issue on the same level as the segregation days from the 50s and 60s is really just a slap in the face to what African-Americans truly suffered through in those days.

If this is really about tax breaks and other benefits, then it just cements the notion that this is all for selfish, materialistic reasons. Love has nothing to do with it.
I don't know what reasons these people have. If marriage and a civil union had the exact same benefits, I could agree, since they don't, I don't agree.

I could give more examples, but you probably wouldn't understand the context. Not to be impolite in my reply, but I don't think I could phrase it in a way as to convey my meaning without raising the hackles of the forum. In this instance, I will keep quiet.

Thanks for taking the time all to reply to my posts. I do enjoy these discussions and respect your opinions on this issue, even if they differ from mine.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:45 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
To those who feel that they were born gay, it is normal and healthy. I don't know any gay folks who "chose" to be gay.
You don't know any folks who will admit they chose to be gay is probably more accurate. It's human nature to try and downplay things to make them seem outside of our control when we do things that deep down we know are wrong or when society is not comfortable with it.

Why do so many gay men act like, and talk like girls? Are they born that way too, or do they choose to act that way?
Old 05-30-2009, 06:32 PM
Miss Foxy

FOR YOU BUZZARD,
Yes I have shared personal information on this forum with fellow members, however I have not shared my intimate business with anyone. I think your a piece of garbage as of now. Please do not even respond to my post. I hope you disappear off this forum, but unfortunately I don't have a genie in a bottle. I don't think you have anything to offer the world aside from being a prick. You stick up for everything thats wrong you like playing the Devils Advocate I suppose...Go ahead and continue to make assumptions on peoples lives you obviously have nothing to do. Oh and the next time you make any reference to my "bedroom" secrets I will escalate this I promise you.... That should not be tolerated.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
FOR YOU BUZZARD,
Yes I have shared personal information on this forum with fellow members, however I have not shared my intimate business with anyone. I think your a piece of garbage as of now. Please do not even respond to my post. I hope you disappear off this forum, but unfortunately I don't have a genie in a bottle. I don't think you have anything to offer the world aside from being a prick. You stick up for everything thats wrong you like playing the Devils Advocate I suppose...Go ahead and continue to make assumptions on peoples lives you obviously have nothing to do. Oh and the next time you make any reference to my "bedroom" secrets I will escalate this I promise you.... That should not be tolerated.
It's a standard tactic of Gay Rights activists. If someone doesn't agree with you, then drag their name through the mud.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:25 PM
Buzzard

Quote:
FOR YOU BUZZARD,
I never meant to cause you anger or to allude that you are not a good person. I don't know you well enough to make a decision. You have made allusions to your personal business, and I apologize if I have offended you by referring back to it. I just find it a bit hypocritical that you wish to deny others of things based upon morals when your own actions could possibly called into question. You wish to have your personal business kept personal and private, but seem to have no problem delving into another persons personal business and denying them privileges. That is quite hypocritical in my opinion.

If you wish to threaten me over the internet, have at it. Escalate it if you wish, but don't expect me to do any of that in return or to shake in my shoes. You're angry because some of what I say hits home and you can't stand it. Name calling shows that you have no real arguments in the issue, so you revert to it when you have nothing to say. I have more to offer this world then you will ever know, and your assumptions are just that.

Have a great weekend.

Quote:
It's a standard tactic of Gay Rights activists. If someone doesn't agree with you, then drag their name through the mud.
How have I dragged her name through the mud? I am far from a gay rights activist. Posting on a message board is as far as I have gone. As I have said before, it doesn't affect me one way or another. I just don't know why people can't keep their noses out of other peoples business and trying to deny them the ability to marry. If a civil union provided them the exact same benefits, I would have nothing to argue about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
You don't know any folks who will admit they chose to be gay is probably more accurate. It's human nature to try and downplay things to make them seem outside of our control when we do things that deep down we know are wrong or when society is not comfortable with it.
I think my statement is more accurate. I don't know any gay folks now that I am aware of. The ones I knew before and those I worked with stated that they always felt how they did, and didn't just decide to be gay. I think it's a slightly ridiculous assumption to think people would choose to be something which brings such a stigma upon themselves. I believe some may have chosen to be in that lifestyle, but not everyone. I could be wrong, but that's the way I see it. I can respect that you don't like it, I don't really think about it except when participating in a discussion such as this. I think we have both said our pieces on this issue and I can accept that we disagree on this issue.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:26 PM
TurnOnTheBrightLights

Quote:
Remember the VP Debate in 2004? When John Edwards brought up Dick Cheney's daughter?

It actually made Dick Cheney a sympathetic figure for I think the only time during the Bush Administration. lol.

Or what the liberal media did to Sarah Palin and her family. I didn't agree with her on a lot issues either, but that was nothing more than character assassination. Even Mike Gravel defended her on a radio show.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:05 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
I never meant to cause you anger or to allude that you are not a good person. I don't know you well enough to make a decision. You have made allusions to your personal business, and I apologize if I have offended you by referring back to it. I just find it a bit hypocritical that you wish to deny others of things based upon morals when your own actions could possibly called into question. You wish to have your personal business kept personal and private, but seem to have no problem delving into another persons personal business and denying them privileges. That is quite hypocritical in my opinion.

If you wish to threaten me over the internet, have at it. Escalate it if you wish, but don't expect me to do any of that in return or to shake in my shoes. You're angry because some of what I say hits home and you can't stand it. Name calling shows that you have no real arguments in the issue, so you revert to it when you have nothing to say. I have more to offer this world then you will ever know, and your assumptions are just that.

Have a great weekend.

How have I dragged her name through the mud? I am far from a gay rights activist. Posting on a message board is as far as I have gone. As I have said before, it doesn't affect me one way or another. I just don't know why people can't keep their noses out of other peoples business and trying to deny them the ability to marry. If a civil union provided them the exact same benefits, I would have nothing to argue about.

I think my statement is more accurate. I don't know any gay folks now that I am aware of. The ones I knew before and those I worked with stated that they always felt how they did, and didn't just decide to be gay. I think it's a slightly ridiculous assumption to think people would choose to be something which brings such a stigma upon themselves. I believe some may have chosen to be in that lifestyle, but not everyone. I could be wrong, but that's the way I see it. I can respect that you don't like it, I don't really think about it except when participating in a discussion such as this. I think we have both said our pieces on this issue and I can accept that we disagree on this issue.
When have I said I have sex with him to anyone on here? I don't talk about what I do behind closed doors. If I do or not thats my burden not yours to try to make a mockery of me. Don't apologize you knew what you were doing. I morally do not agree with someone being gay, however I still respect them as human beings and try not to pass judgment. Its people like you that are so pro-gay marriage that want to twist my personal opinions and shoot me down as a person to accomodate your views. Im sorry I am not being a hypocrit asking to be married in a church being a floozy right? So basically the door is closed behind me I think gays should do the same. No one wants to see it!
Old 05-30-2009, 08:10 PM
Miss Foxy

By the way I was not threatening you when I mean escalate it I was referring to a complaint on your post. I can battle people for days and not get offended, but when you are trying to post something really personal directly to me thats where I draw the line.
Your little phrase about it hitting close to home doesnt phase me one bit! I know what I do and what I am so does GOD.... Guess what? Thats all that matters I walk with my head high and your talking about people minding other peoples business...?? Ohhh the irony in that one. Don't hate on me, because I will stand up for my beliefs and not feel intimidated.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:21 PM
Administrator

Personally, I think the notion that gays are being denied ANY of their Constitutional rights by not allowing them to marry, is a load of crap.

Mormons believe in polygamy, but we've been denying them their definition of marriage for centuries now. I don't hear anyone fighting for their "right" to have more than one spouse.

This is all just a bunch of politically correct nonsense.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:35 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
I don't really think about it outside of these types of discussions either, and I agree with you that if people want to be gay, it really has no direct effect on my life. However, I have my own personal theories about what makes people gay that I have formulated over time in knowing people who are gay, and the small amount of reading I have done on the subject. Personally, I think it's a psychological disorder that is almost always onset by some sort of childhood trauma. It does not always mean they were sexually abused, as I think it can be a number of things that cause it.

I also think that a lot of people who say they have just "always felt that way" are either omitting some of the truth, or they have some deeply repressed issues that they never dealt with. Almost like they have been lying to themselves for so long they actually believe it's true. That is just MY personal opinion, and I don't say that to be offensive to anybody in any way.

I too, respect that we share a difference of opinion.