Default Nick Palmisciano of Ranger Up T-Shirts Challenges Tom Atencio

And it has nothing to do with selling T-Shirts at RangerUp.com

This interview is actually pretty funny

His strategies include:
Unicorn tattoos
Making Atencio fight at 195
Crane Kick

Quote:

FiveOuncesOfPain.com: Why do you want to fight Atencio?

Nick: Well, I feel like this is the next logical progression in my fighting career. I currently have a professional record of 0-0, and I feel like a big win over Atencio would really send a signal to the major promotions that I am not just the owner of a t-shirt company, but actually a world class athlete.

FiveOuncesOfPain.com: Some would say this is just a media ploy to highlight your brand. What would you say to those people?

Nick: This has absolutely nothing to do with Ranger Up. Thatís R-A-N-G-E-R-U-P dot com. This is purely about my career as a professional fighter, not about selling more t-shirts at RangerUp.com. Itís like when we hire hot girls to model our clothes at RangerUp.comóthatís not about selling t-shirts at RangerUp.com, either.

FiveOuncesOfPain.com: This really comes as somewhat of a surprise to a lot of people. We didnít even know you foughtÖor for that matter that you existed. How long have you been training?

Nick: What time is it?

FiveOuncesOfPain.com: Fair enough. You seem to be a heavier guy. Atencio fights at 155. How do you see that playing out?

Nick: Well, I walk around at about 200 and heís 155, so I figured a catch-weight of 195 seems reasonable.

FiveOuncesOfPain.com: UmmmÖok. What do you think your strengths are?

Nick: Well, I was a helluva break dancer until I tore my hamstring doing Thriller at a wedding. I can recite the entire opening cheer from the movie Bring it On. Iíve even won five karaoke competitions and I canít sing at all. I also make t-shirts at RangerUp.com.

FiveOuncesOfPain.com: No, I mean in the fight.

Nick: Oh that. Iím not sure. I think I am going to focus all my energy on the crane kick. If you cast your mind back, youíll remember that Mr. Miagi said, ďIf do right, no can defense.Ē Also, our t-shirts have living people on them and his have skeletons Ė that has to be an edge.

FiveOuncesOfPain.com: I donít see how. Also, arenít you forgetting Karate Kid Part II? Daniel-san tried the crane kick and it failed. So was Mr. Miagi wrong or did he do it imperfectly?

Nick: Dude, you just blew my freakiní mind. Iíd have to go with imperfectly. Miagi is never wrong.

FiveOuncesOfPain.com: Itís what I do. Where do you see his strengths?

Nick: Well, he definitely has more tattoos. Tattoos are scary and they automatically make you tougher.

FiveOuncesOfPain.com: Thatís true. How do you plan to defend against these tattoos?

Nick: Iíve been talking it over with my potential corners in this potential fight, and they believe that I should get some tattoos ASAP to counteract the power of his tattoos. The problem is that I donít like needles and Iíve heard that tattoos hurt too much, so we decided Iím getting fake tattoos.

FiveOuncesOfPain.com: Good compromise. What will your tattoos be of?

Nick: I will probably go with a big Ranger Up logo. Itís not that I want to whore my brand out to grow sales at any cost, even if it results in personal embarrassment, itís just that the Ranger Up logo will make a really good tattoo. So, yeah, definitely the logoÖor maybe a unicorn, because they have magical powers and they are totally bad assÖbut the Unicorn would have a little speech bubble over its head and itíd be saying, ďRanger UpĒ.

FiveOuncesOfPain.com: Iíve gotta tell you, I think this whole thing sounds ridiculous.

Nick: You mean because weíre both Italian? I know man Ė itís tough to go after another Paisano, but you know, weíre professionals. Itís just the business.

FiveOuncesOfPain.com: You are not a professional fighter. You are not in the business. This is just a marketing ploy and candidly, Iím aggravated that I am speaking with you. Who are you going to fight next? Scott Coker? Bjorn Rebney?

Nick: First of all, I am deeply offended by that accusation. RangerUp.com would never resort to that kind of thing. Ranger Up. Second, Scott Coker would kick my ass - heís been in the fight biz since the Carter administration, and Rebney just looks scary. Iím not ready for that kind of heat.

FiveOuncesOfPain.com (bored): Who then? Whoís next if you beat Atencio?

Nick: Gina Carano.

FiveOuncesOfPain.com: Dude Ė she would kick your ass.

Nick (glint of happiness in his eye): YesÖYes, she would
Old 05-15-2009, 09:51 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Hahaha, awesome! This guy's hilarious.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:36 AM
atomdanger

This guy seems hilarious.

FiveOuncesOfPain.com: Iíve gotta tell you, I think this whole thing sounds ridiculous.

Nick: You mean because weíre both Italian? I know man Ė itís tough to go after another Paisano, but you know, weíre professionals. Itís just the business.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:44 PM
ufcfan2

RANGERUP.COM

and that R-A-N-G-E-R UP.com
Old 05-17-2009, 05:41 PM
Jason 16

18 to 30 $ a shirt is that normal
Old 05-18-2009, 01:02 PM
County Mike

That was pretty amusing.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:10 PM
Crisco