Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91  
Old 05-12-2009, 09:11 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
So what your saying is I am right. There is no established religion of the United States just the majority of people are Christian.

Crisco 1 Dave 0

I'm saying by default of the fact that the Government is not to endorse any denomination of Christian, obviously it stands to reason, they must not endorse any religion at all.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 05-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I'm saying by default of the fact that the Government is not to endorse any denomination of Christian, obviously it stands to reason, they must not endorse any religion at all.
I'm sorry but from what I'm reading your agreeing with me?

Am I misunderstanding?
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 05-12-2009, 10:30 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
I'm sorry but from what I'm reading your agreeing with me?

Am I misunderstanding?
I'm talking about intent behind what was written.

Was it written to exclude control of the Government over any religion?

NO

It was written to exclude Government Control over Denominations of Christianity

Does the above also mean the former is True? YES...but not with intent...just by practicality
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 05-13-2009, 10:38 AM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,484
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I'm talking about intent behind what was written.

Was it written to exclude control of the Government over any religion?

NO

It was written to exclude Government Control over Denominations of Christianity

Does the above also mean the former is True? YES...but not with intent...just by practicality
There are written records of debates in congress when the bill of rights were written. Men wrote up portions of the bill and it was submitted to the house. One writing had the wording of denominations of Christianity and it was rejected because of that wording. So, I disagree with your impression of their intent.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 05-13-2009, 01:23 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I'm talking about intent behind what was written.

Was it written to exclude control of the Government over any religion?

NO

It was written to exclude Government Control over Denominations of Christianity

Does the above also mean the former is True? YES...but not with intent...just by practicality
How are you coming to this conclusion Dave?

Are you just saying what you think or are you trying to present it as fact?

If Neezar is correct then your theory is shot down brother and you shoul definately add "I think" to future statements like that.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 05-13-2009, 04:36 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
How are you coming to this conclusion Dave?

Are you just saying what you think or are you trying to present it as fact?

If Neezar is correct then your theory is shot down brother and you shoul definately add "I think" to future statements like that.
I'm still waiting to see Denise actually show the evidence of the congress talking over the specific word denomination
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.