Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2009, 02:50 PM
rearnakedchoke

Default Dungy meets with Vick in Prison

Ok, this isn't about Michael Vick, but of how strong a person Tony Dungy is ... to lose a son to suicide and for him to go on and be a mentor for other young men must be tough ... although i didn't really like the Colts, I always like Dungy ... I guess his faith in God has been his strength for doing stuff like this ..........

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

Dungy meets with Vick in prison
Michael Vick and Tony Dungy met Tuesday at the federal penitentiary in Leavenworth, Kan., where the former star quarterback is imprisoned.
"It was a private meeting between Mike and coach Dungy and a positive meeting," said Vick's agent, Joel Segal.

Vick is serving a 23-month sentence for bankrolling a dogfighting conspiracy. He is to be transferred May 21 to home confinement in Hampton, Va. Vick is to stay in Hampton through July 31. He'll work a $10-an-hour construction job as part of his probation.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has said Vick must show genuine remorse and demonstrate he has changed if he is to have a chance at reinstatement.

Dungy retired as the Colts' coach in January, two years after leading Indianapolis to a Super Bowl title. He has long been involved in prison ministries.

"Where my heart is, is really with our young men right now," Dungy said when he retired. "We have so many guys that didn't grow up like me, didn't have their dad there and that's something I'm very, very interested in."

Copyright 2009 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.