Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 05-03-2009, 11:19 PM

Default Ultimate Fighter 2

So everyone probably knows this answer and all but I don't. I remember watching the Ultimate Fighter 2 but don't remember the outcome. I was looking over wikipedia at info about UFC 53 and found this:

Middleweight Championship Bout: Champion Evan Tanner vs. Rich Franklin
Franklin wins by technical knockout (doctor stoppage) at 3:25 of round four. Halfway through the fourth round, the referee stopped the action to check the cuts on Tanner's face; at this point, the ringside doctors were called in and ended to the bout. Franklin became the UFC middleweight champion. It was announced during the bout that the winner would become a coach for The Ultimate Fighter 2 and would face the other coach on the show Matt Hughes as a Middleweight at the end of the season.[1]

It was announced during the bout that the winner would become a coach for The Ultimate Fighter 2 and would face the other coach on the show Matt Hughes as a Middleweight at the end of the season.[

What ever became of that? Why wasn't it done? Why was it announced?
Old 05-04-2009, 12:50 AM
3dlee

Matt would have accepted the bout against Tanner but did not want to face his buddy Rich. They went on to have seperate bouts.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:54 PM

Yeah, I realized they did in fact have seperate bouts. I thought it was odd though that it was announced like that. I would have thought they would be more clear, ie - Tanner wins Matt will face him in MW.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:07 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Pride
Yeah, I realized they did in fact have seperate bouts. I thought it was odd though that it was announced like that. I would have thought they would be more clear, ie - Tanner wins Matt will face him in MW.
Got too complicated to market lol.