Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 05-02-2009, 11:38 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
i think matt might have been trying to make a joke (even though he was probably being truthful at the same time) i do think it was a bit disrepsectful to anderson, IN MY OPINION. although i have no problem with what matt said about taking bathroom breaks when anderson fights in the future because that's his opinion, but on the flipside i can totally understand the retaliation from the fans on his comments. let's face it, when matt beat lytle in a decision the majority of MMA fans heavily criticized matt, said things like he lay n' prayed the whole time, etc, for being boring and thought it was a boring fight. so with that in mind, let's say for example if some top fighter came out and said on his blog that he was going to take a bathroom break whenever hughes fights again. people on here would call him disrespectful, they would call him cocky, call him arragant, whatnot. anyone who denies that knows they are wrong. also, fans think it was direspectful because even if he was making a joke, would he say that to anderson's face? no way. he would never walk up to him at a UFC event and say"by the way, i'm going to go to the bathroom everytime you fight from now on" he wouldn't say that because it would be taken very.... very badly.. by anderson or whomever

anyways i don't care that he said that about anderson, i'm just saying i do understand the retaliation. you have to look at it from both sides and put yourself in other people's positions. just my two cents
I don't feel he was disrespecting him. If he was somewhere in town talking to cameras laughing and mocking then maybe I could agree. However he posts to his fans so with that being said he tells us all the time whats up so its not like he was trying to gain some quick fame over it. Truth= "it is what it is." If Matt said it was a good fight don't you think we all would have had one eyebrow raised. I know I would. Sometimes the truth hurts. And honestly if people don't enjoy Matts fights they can go to the restroom im sure Matt won't lose any sleep over it. Just my opinion..
Old 05-03-2009, 06:55 PM
atomdanger

This blog was part of the reason I became a Hughes fan,
he says what he thinks (Much like Dana, but not as candid).

He clearly isn't going to kiss Anderson's butt for no reason and call it a technical wonder,
when clearly it was just boring.

I mean, I am impressed AS didn't get hit much if at all, or hurt...
But.... come on.... You're the MW champion.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:30 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
This blog was part of the reason I became a Hughes fan,
but you've been posting on this forum for years....and He's only just made that blog
Old 05-03-2009, 11:41 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
but you've been posting on this forum for years....and He's only just made that blog
For just over 1 year.

and I worded it wrong.
I meant, because he speaks his mind.. Like.. he was just being honest.
and that is why I became a fan.

Does that make more sense? lol
I am bad at explaining things that make sense to me sometimes.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:46 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
For just over 1 year.

and I worded it wrong.
I meant, because he speaks his mind.. Like.. he was just being honest.
and that is why I became a fan.

Does that make more sense? lol
I am bad at explaining things that make sense to me sometimes.
yes that makes more sense