Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Training/Nutrition

Old 04-30-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
I've been playing with Stevia lately Mike.

Have you heard of it yet?
This gastro Dr. recommended Stevia a few years ago. I didn't know what it was, never heard of it 'til then. You don't need much; a little goes a long way.

I've found that even though they claim you don't get that bitter aftertaste, sometimes I can taste it.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:30 PM
mikthehick

Maybe we should smoke stevia.....

I'm giving up all sweeteners except sugar. A facebook Quiz on "how will you die" said that I'm going to drown in a pool of diet lemonade.

No thanks. I'm not chancing it with artificial garbage anymore. Eating fruits and veggies is actually quite pleasant by the 4th day!
Old 04-30-2009, 01:35 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikthehick
Maybe we should smoke stevia.....

I'm giving up all sweeteners except sugar. A facebook Quiz on "how will you die" said that I'm going to drown in a pool of diet lemonade.

No thanks. I'm not chancing it with artificial garbage anymore. Eating fruits and veggies is actually quite pleasant by the 4th day!
Stevia isn't artificial at all. It's an all natural no calorie sweetner.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Stevia isn't artificial at all. It's an all natural no calorie sweetner.
The gastro doc I went to knows his stuff. Stevia is just one of the things he recommended. He called our stomach our "2nd brain". The internal workings of our bodies is fascinating stuff.

You know how people talk about how we're polluting the environment, well, think about how we "pollute" our bodies daily with artificial sweetners, cokes, fast food, smokes, alcohol, drugs....
Old 04-30-2009, 01:59 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
The gastro doc I went to knows his stuff. Stevia is just one of the things he recommended. He called our stomach our "2nd brain". The internal workings of our bodies is fascinating stuff.

You know how people talk about how we're polluting the environment, well, think about how we "pollute" our bodies daily with artificial sweetners, cokes, fast food, smokes, alcohol, drugs....
Occasional alcohol - otherwise I'm exempt from the rest. Don't mess with those things. Even if I drink, it's usually 2-3 beers the entire night. Most nights out I'll just drink water.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:03 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Franklin went on about crystal lyte or something like that for water flavouring
Old 04-30-2009, 05:06 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Franklin went on about crystal lyte or something like that for water flavouring
Well it's not the best of options because of the artificial stuff in it.

Rich isn't much of a nutrition guy or he never would have gave you that as an option.

You have to do what works for you dave and crystal light is better for losing weight then soda. But water with lemon in it is the way to go my friend.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:02 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Well it's not the best of options because of the artificial stuff in it.

Rich isn't much of a nutrition guy or he never would have gave you that as an option.

You have to do what works for you dave and crystal light is better for losing weight then soda. But water with lemon in it is the way to go my friend.
No, he said I should just drink water...

But I told him I didnt like that taste, and it was the only thing he said for adding flavour, not squash, or tea...although he said I could have them if I really wanted but that they wouldnt count as part of the gallon