Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 04-28-2009, 03:44 PM
ufcfan2

I could'nt really get into the whole japanese animation thing at all just something I wasn't into. I tried watching Akira or whatever it was I just could'nt watch it.
Now stuff like Voltron,Transformers,He-Man and Speed Racer I really enjoyed and think Ive see a few episodes of Robotech.
I loved the G.I.Joe toys when I was a kid I think I had just about every vehicle they put out and had alot of the main characters. As much as I loved the toys I could never really enjoy the cartoon series.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:57 PM

man, I used ot get up early every day to watch G.I. Joe before school. Then they moved it to 4.PM and I would stress the whole way home on the schoolbus that I would miss even 1 second of it. LOL

[
Old 04-30-2009, 03:49 AM
Hughes fanboy

I believe Warren Ellis wrote these episodes or so was involved to an extent. Lik all his other work I've read this series seems to start strong, original, shocking/dark and then begin to flounder...and then the cliches..

Zartan, leader of the dreadnoks shot in the back by Scarlet *just in the nick of time before he finishes off Duke* CLICHE=LAME.

Cobra Commanders wanting to "take over the nations" - wtf!? Who in the world would want that much power and why...it just doesn't add up. I've read a few Warren Ellis comics and they all seem to fall flat by the end.