Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-28-2009, 12:42 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
I knew you were a douche. Thanks for the proof.
Dude Mike I am sooooo with you on this!!!!!!!! I wouldnt even give him the luxury of being called a douche.... A plain ol' idiot IMHO...
Old 04-28-2009, 02:03 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSubmission
LOL Chuck just beat alot of good wrestlers because of his skill set.
this is something that a lot of people were saying when Chuck was dominating the UFC. There were a lot of people that thought if Chuck went up against a true striker he would get beat.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:50 PM
warriorlion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
this is something that a lot of people were saying when Chuck was dominating the UFC. There were a lot of people that thought if Chuck went up against a true striker he would get beat.

in his prime, thats not true at all.

and lets face it, what true strikers has chuck faced???

Rashard??? that was a great punch, but hes not a true striker, wandy is a great striking in his day and chuck beat him, Jardine??? is he a striker, the only on that you could argue as being a striker previously is Rampage, Shogun maybe he is a great striker when he fought in pride, how many of his fights were won as a result of brutal head stomps and soccer kicks???

Xsubmission is a newbee obviously, Chuck has fought everyone put in fount of him, the no 1 contender at all times, in his prime he was in a division full of grapplers, for the most part he still is. Chuck is a legend, and a pillar of the sport.

Yeah is sad that he is going out like he seems to be, but come on he's nearly 40 doing the same thing he always has, counterstriking. Its not that people have suddenly figured him out, people have always known what chuck was about and is about, my opinion is that e is not a fast as he once was, and he has been taken out by younger opponents.

Take a look at his last 5 fights,

Rampage aged 31 - 8 years younger
Jardine aged 34 - 5 years younger
Wandy aged 33 - 6 years younger
Rashard aged 30 - 9 years younger
Shogun aged 28 - 11 years younger
Old 04-28-2009, 05:41 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorlion
in his prime, thats not true at all.

and lets face it, what true strikers has chuck faced???

Rashard??? that was a great punch, but hes not a true striker, wandy is a great striking in his day and chuck beat him, Jardine??? is he a striker, the only on that you could argue as being a striker previously is Rampage, Shogun maybe he is a great striker when he fought in pride, how many of his fights were won as a result of brutal head stomps and soccer kicks???

Xsubmission is a newbee obviously, Chuck has fought everyone put in fount of him, the no 1 contender at all times, in his prime he was in a division full of grapplers, for the most part he still is. Chuck is a legend, and a pillar of the sport.

Yeah is sad that he is going out like he seems to be, but come on he's nearly 40 doing the same thing he always has, counterstriking. Its not that people have suddenly figured him out, people have always known what chuck was about and is about, my opinion is that e is not a fast as he once was, and he has been taken out by younger opponents.

Take a look at his last 5 fights,

Rampage aged 31 - 8 years younger
Jardine aged 34 - 5 years younger
Wandy aged 33 - 6 years younger
Rashard aged 30 - 9 years younger
Shogun aged 28 - 11 years younger
You just named 5 people, 4 of which were strikers and 1 who has greatly improved striking, and 4 of those people beat Chuck (all 5 of them dropped Chuck in the fight though). Rampage has beat Chuck 2 times and both times you could argue Chuck was in his prime. Jardine beat Chuck right after Rampage beat him so its not like Chuck was that far gone then. You really wanted to you could argue that Chuck's last 2 fights he was out of his prime.

The only people the UFC had were wrestlers, but there were strikers out there. The UFC chose to not go after them/they would not come to the UFC. Chuck is great at fighting people who's game plan is to take him down but people have always questioned if he could beat top strikers, even in his prime. Even if Xsubmission is a newbie what he is saying is something that has been said for a long time.

Last edited by Max; 04-28-2009 at 05:53 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:52 PM
warriorlion

as stated, out of the ones I named, are they truely strikers???

I stated quite clearly that shogun would likely be called a striker and rampage, but the others, wandy might be and he was beaten by chuck.

Chuck was beaten by rampage in his prime, I will give you that, but has he been in his prime since fighting Babalu the second time???? remembering that that was 3 years ago now, he beat tito since then and that was it.

I dont think Chuck has been firing on all cylinders since the tito fight, he didnt look that great against tito.

I know people have been saying that chuck would not beat a decent striker for years, doesnt mean its true, and out of all the things that has been said about xsubmission, you picked my comment to attack dude???

and my point was that chuck is getting old and fighting younger guys
Old 04-28-2009, 06:08 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorlion
as stated, out of the ones I named, are they truely strikers???

I stated quite clearly that shogun would likely be called a striker and rampage, but the others, wandy might be and he was beaten by chuck.

Chuck was beaten by rampage in his prime, I will give you that, but has he been in his prime since fighting Babalu the second time???? remembering that that was 3 years ago now, he beat tito since then and that was it.

I dont think Chuck has been firing on all cylinders since the tito fight, he didnt look that great against tito.

I know people have been saying that chuck would not beat a decent striker for years, doesnt mean its true, and out of all the things that has been said about xsubmission, you picked my comment to attack dude???

and my point was that chuck is getting old and fighting younger guys
Rampage - yes
Shogun - yes
Wandy - yes
Jardine - yes
Rashad - no

so 4 out of the 5 are.

I think Chuck was in his prime when he fought Tito the 2nd time. Hell Chuck killed Tito in that fight, if I remember correctly Chuck almost finished it in the first round.

People see that Chuck is now old and is no longer the Chuck he once was and they have decided to state that the reason he lost 4 out of his last 5 is that he is no longer in his prime. I agree that might be part of it but I dont think that is the only reason. We will never truly know if Chuck would have beat the fighters in his prime, well except for Rampage we know Chuck cant beat him. All people can do is give their opinion.

Xsubmission may be a douche, an idiot, a newbie, a tard or what ever else people choose to call him but the opinion he gave is an opinion a lot of people have and have had for a very long time (there are you happy now, I responded to what everyone said about him. If I missed something let me know and I will add it it.)

Randy is 160 and he has beaten guys who were much younger than him in 2 out of his last 3 fights. I dont think the problems with Chuck are are age related I think it comes down to how much damage he has taken. Wandy is only 32 but has had over 40 fights, some of which have been wars. The damage adds up over time and I think that might be part of the problem we are seeing with Chuck.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:47 PM
warriorlion

I think the big difference between Chuck at his age and Randy, is that chuck likes to stand and bang, Randy is a totally different fighter, he doesnt rely on the speed of his punching, Randy moves in close and relys on dirty boxing, the clinch and gnp, working position, thats a total contrast to the style chuck fights, chuck depends on the speed of his hands and his ability to stuff the takedown, my opinion is that chuck's aged and his style needs to adapt to his slowing down, like randy has adapted his approach, look at how he handles tim, and then gonzaga, two totally different fights. adapted to what Randy can do at his age.

watch chuck fight - its always the same, circle away counter punch, stuff takedowns and counter punch, he's slowing down and hes not changed the approach
Old 04-28-2009, 06:51 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
Randy is 160
LOL