Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 04-15-2009, 02:57 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default Belize, CA & Cornerstone High School

I think I've mentioned it on here before, but I've been on a number of mission trips to Belize, Central America in the past years. My first one was in the summer of 2002 and I've been every year since, save two when my church did not send a team. Well, it's rolling around to that time of the year again & the team is gearing up for another trip. We will once again be going to work on Cornerstone High School, as Presbyterian church in the northern Corozal district. Here's a LINK to their website.

The reason I'm posting here is two fold: to ask for prayer support & ask whether anyone would be interested in financially supporting us. Prices (mainly plane ticket costs) have jumped in just the last year and we are sending out support letters to our friends and family. If anyone is interested in receiviong a letter from me, please let me know. Even if you don't think you can contribute financially, I'd be happy to send you a letter so that you'll know how best you could be praying for us as we prepare & also once we're in-country.

Also, pray for the team unity. We're actually 4 seperate churches all joining to make a single team, so it's vital that we make sure everyone meshes well together. God has always blessed us in this respect in years past, but that doesn't mean that we should take it for granted.

Also, pray for me: I've been "promoted" to an official team leader this year. I'll be in charge of the Prayer Closet, Construction, Safety & Evening Devotions. It's a ton of responsibility & I'm already starting to feel nervous about being a role model to the younger kids.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:10 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
I think I've mentioned it on here before, but I've been on a number of mission trips to Belize, Central America in the past years. My first one was in the summer of 2002 and I've been every year since, save two when my church did not send a team. Well, it's rolling around to that time of the year again & the team is gearing up for another trip. We will once again be going to work on Cornerstone High School, as Presbyterian church in the northern Corozal district. Here's a LINK to their website.

The reason I'm posting here is two fold: to ask for prayer support & ask whether anyone would be interested in financially supporting us. Prices (mainly plane ticket costs) have jumped in just the last year and we are sending out support letters to our friends and family. If anyone is interested in receiviong a letter from me, please let me know. Even if you don't think you can contribute financially, I'd be happy to send you a letter so that you'll know how best you could be praying for us as we prepare & also once we're in-country.

Also, pray for the team unity. We're actually 4 seperate churches all joining to make a single team, so it's vital that we make sure everyone meshes well together. God has always blessed us in this respect in years past, but that doesn't mean that we should take it for granted.

Also, pray for me: I've been "promoted" to an official team leader this year. I'll be in charge of the Prayer Closet, Construction, Safety & Evening Devotions. It's a ton of responsibility & I'm already starting to feel nervous about being a role model to the younger kids.

I just noticed this now Ben... Is it too late for you to send me the letter?
Old 04-27-2009, 08:22 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
I just noticed this now Ben... Is it too late for you to send me the letter?
Haha, considering the fact that Dad & I haven't even started writing our letters yet?

No, I'd say you're just in time!
Old 04-27-2009, 08:27 PM
Crisco

Sent you my info