Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-26-2009, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
I don't mind the occasional cuss word when it's called for, but Dana's use of the f-word is similar to a teenage girl who has to add the word "like" at the beginning of every sentence. It's quite annoying actually.
Like totally!
Old 04-26-2009, 12:08 PM
David_Banner

He's right. He's trying to look out for him and he doesnt want to see Chuck tarnish the name he has built. It can also be said that Chuck still dominates until he drops his hands and gets sloppy. This is sad but whatever, Chuck needs to take it easy..
Old 04-26-2009, 07:11 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
FIXED!
with different tenses
Old 04-26-2009, 07:12 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
Like totally!
Old 04-26-2009, 07:44 PM
xSubmission

I would like to see Chuck leave with a win...It sucks ending it losing your last fight
Old 04-26-2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
with different tenses
Hmmm....not seeing it.

has = has

unless you're referring to "limited" and "one"...which was the point of the "funny" fix.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:16 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Banner
He's right. He's trying to look out for him and he doesnt want to see Chuck tarnish the name he has built. It can also be said that Chuck still dominates until he drops his hands and gets sloppy. This is sad but whatever, Chuck needs to take it easy..
nah, dana doesn't want to put him in there anymore but doesn't want him to fight for anyone else either ... i can see dana signing chuck to an exclusive contract and pay him to just sit ... like he did with Mark Hughes ...
Old 04-26-2009, 08:45 PM
David_Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
nah, dana doesn't want to put him in there anymore but doesn't want him to fight for anyone else either ... i can see dana signing chuck to an exclusive contract and pay him to just sit ... like he did with Mark Hughes ...

Did he really sign Mark not to fight?

I really cant see Chuck fighting anywhere else but if Chuck gets mad about all this, who knows..

I wouldnt be surprised if Chuck had like one more fight on his contract and Dana wanted to keep that under the UFC belt in the event Chuck decides to make a Couture-back.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:56 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Sounds like Dana White is desperatley trying to convince himself also. I think its out of genuine love for Liddell. I think that Dana could make money from him, I think Liddell is still game to be used for profit...I think Dana White for the first time in a very long time, is trying to do the right thing.

He's trying to put the value of a friend before the value of profit making on his business. I'm sure there are people in the management system who might want Chuck back, and White is going to have to enforce the matter, possibly against unseen pressure.

I dont know why he's so insistant on Chuck retireing though...he seems genuinely worried, and it seems to be a health worry thats more then just a compilation of losses. Its like he believes with some kinda certainty that if Liddell continues to fight he will get hurt.

I hope we dont find out that Liddell is in some way ill or injured in a way that one should not be fighting for full on health reasons.

Perhaps Dana is just sick of getting asked...without SEEING him say the transcript its hard to know if he's just tiered of Iceman supporters asking...or whether he's genuinely concerned...

Guys...I guess at the end of the day, perhaps Dana White is human after all.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:33 PM
David_Banner

If you watch the behind the scenes stuff when Dana took the UFC guys over to Pride, it was obvious Chuck was there for Dana. Theres no question. Chuck was there to win, but he was pretty much there for his friend. I think at the end of the day, the motivation is plain to see. You punch to Chucks jaw and he drops and if I saw my 40 year old buddy take its like that, it would be hard.

When Rashad knocked Chuck out, Im pretty sure then and there Dana decided it was time for Chuck to let it go. Chuck was out for a long time and anybody fimiliar with boxing knows those hard punches take their toll and eventually the fighter doesnt get up. Theres to much risk and I'd like to think Dana wants his friend to start living the good life. If anybody deserves it, its Chuck.