Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-23-2009, 08:06 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseñor
He wasnt the main event.. I hope he decides whats best for him. If he feels he wants to fight again by all means go for it. I don't personally think its out of his reach to keep fighting. This can't be a fly by night sport where you lose a few that you should just crawl in a hole. He's a fighter and a fighter will re-light his spark if he truly wishes to. Always expect the unexpected....
I would love to see Chuck come back for one more big fight, maybe a rematch with Wandy or something, but I think competing at the same level as he used to is out of the question.

There comes a time when you are damaging your legacy by continuing to fight. A lot of fighters face this criticism when their skills diminish and the constant stress of training and fighting finally catches up with their bodies. A lot of fighters keep coming back when they shouldn't and it's hard to watch sometimes. The three KO's that Chuck has suffered is enough to kill a fighters chances of being on top of the mountain. Of course Chuck has earned the right to come back and fight if he chooses, but in my eyes he has nothing left to prove. Probably time to hang em' up champ.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:10 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
Of course Chuck has earned the right to come back and fight if he chooses, but in my eyes he has nothing left to prove. Probably time to hang em' up champ.
Well...I think Chuck can make his own mind up
Old 04-23-2009, 09:13 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Well...I think Chuck can make his own mind up
Oh listen to you...

As if it's wrong to voice and have an opinion on the subject. Of course he will make up his own mind.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:44 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Oh listen to you...

As if it's wrong to voice and have an opinion on the subject. Of course he will make up his own mind.
I dont want you to influence his decision by speaking to loudly

Old 04-23-2009, 10:38 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
I dont want you to influence his decision by speaking to loudly

Not little ol' me.... I could only wish that my opinion mattered that much.

But sadly it is probably time he gives some strong consideration to retirement.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:49 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Not little ol' me.... I could only wish that my opinion mattered that much.

But sadly it is probably time he gives some strong consideration to retirement.
I'm sure its going through his mind...but I think he should just content himself with fighting lower down the card....you know...slowly wind down...then when he next wins...retire...but get that last win first
Old 04-23-2009, 11:54 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
I'm sure its going through his mind...but I think he should just content himself with fighting lower down the card....you know...slowly wind down...then when he next wins...retire...but get that last win first
I agree, I would like to see him go out on a win, but it looks like Dana White does not want him to fight anymore. He said this in a recent interview.

Quote:
“Chuck is not going to fight again, I guarantee you that,” White said. “We did it. We came from making $500 [to appear] and $500 [to win] to the point where he became the richest, most famous mixed martial artist in the world. He did it by listening to me. That’s not going to change.”
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns
Old 04-23-2009, 11:56 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
I agree, I would like to see him go out on a win, but it looks like Dana White does not want him to fight anymore. He said this in a recent interview.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns
Dana White says all manner of things...give him time...I reckon He'll take Chuck on again...of course...Chuck may not aggree to his new terms if they mean a substantial pay cut
Old 04-24-2009, 12:06 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Dana White says all manner of things...give him time...I reckon He'll take Chuck on again...of course...Chuck may not aggree to his new terms if they mean a substantial pay cut
Oh, I am sure he would take him on again if the timing was right, and it was the right fight. But it's funny how Dana says things so "matter of factly", as if because he says it, it must be true.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:19 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Oh, I am sure he would take him on again if the timing was right, and it was the right fight. But it's funny how Dana says things so "matter of factly", as if because he says it, it must be true.
Practise.

He likes...and really does sound very convincing...its part of his job, perhaps the part of it he does best.