Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2009, 10:08 PM
Buc Nasty

I think this quote is most relevent to the thread.

"I paraphrase it down," Soares said. "There's a lot of things going on at that time. Sometimes when they have those long statements, I just try to take the key things that he's saying and translate it. I try to do the best that I can to try to translate everything that he says. But sometimes it just doesn't happen. And sometimes I don't translate exactly with what he says. I try to do the best that I can to get everything that he says in there.

He also said Silva did, in fact, apologize for the performance.

"He did say that," Soares said. "When I watch the fight again, basically what he said – and like I said, he made a long statement – he did say those things. He did say that. He said, 'I'm sorry I didn't make you happy. I know that you guys are the ones that are paying my salary.' That's what he said. But sometimes, like I said, I'm not a professional translator. I just try to do the best that I can. Sometimes those statements get long and I try to say the best, and I try to touch on the main points. Sometimes he says a lot of things, and it takes a while to translate it all."

Full article - http://mmajunkie.com/news/14644/ande...ccusations.mma