Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 04-16-2009, 09:37 PM
atomdanger

Default Bible help (question)

Ok, so I got in a huge arguement about the bible and had a question.

Are lucifer and satan two completely different people?

I did not think they were, but this guy swears it clearly states in the bible that they are.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:14 PM
Administrator

They are one and the same. "Satan" is the Hebrew word for "adversary" and he was often refered to as "HaSatan" meaning "The Adversary," so he's not just any run of the mill enemy, he is the primary enemy of GOD. Lucifer is actually his proper name and that's what he was called when he was the Angel of Light (the only being who was second to GOD), before he become The Adversary (aka: Satan).
Old 04-16-2009, 10:22 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
They are one and the same. "Satan" is the Hebrew word for "adversary" and he was often refered to as "HaSatan" meaning "The Adversary," so he's not just any run of the mill enemy, he is the primary enemy of GOD. Lucifer is actually his proper name and that's what he was called when he was the Angel of Light (the only being who was second to GOD), before he become The Adversary (aka: Satan).
Thank you Nate.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:56 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
Ok, so I got in a huge arguement about the bible and had a question.

Are lucifer and satan two completely different people?

I did not think they were, but this guy swears it clearly states in the bible that they are.
They refer to the same being.

The Name "Lucifer" is generally applied to the Heavenly Host who was the closest created being to GOD. He was an Angel, apparently of outstanding Beauty. Unfortunately, he became corrupted and believed that He could do a better job then GOD.

Lucifer commanded the Armies of Light, and there was a Rebellion amoungst the Angels. Those who sided with Lucifer were about a third of the full force. The Other Two Thirds stuck with GOD. They were put under Michael. Another Angel who is now the most powerful created force of Light. Verses Lucifer who is the most powerful created force of darkness.

The two might be evenly matched. Although Michael commanded two thirds of the original force.

GOD however is UNCREATED. Thus he has no opposite.

Lots of fools tell you that the opposite of GOD is Satan...but thats not true. The Opposite of Michael, is Satan...there is no Force of Darkness, equal and opposite to the Force of GOD.

When Lucifer lost the rebellion, his name appears to have been changed. I guess he no longer deserves the name of Lucifer. The call him Satan now....but of course he or his demons are behind the names of every evil that is not of GOD...there are many named evil "gods" in the Bible that the heathen, and sometimes the Israelites also worshipped....

Another thought for you.

Christ was the son of GOD.....but the Antichrist is NOT the son of the Devil. The Devil is an Angel...he cant "create" a son. The Anti-Christ, could be the result of a union between human and angel...such things are known as Nephilim...but...the chances are more likely that as Angels can take human form...the Anti-Christ will also be Satan in person....and guess what...Angels can only be in one place at one time. So....Satan doesnt know everything like GOD does...He's as stuck in one place at one time, as much as we are...the only difference being he can slip in and out of the eternal realm...but even then he's barred from Heaven

He's pretty much trapped on Earth, either seen, or unseen...but the heavens themselves have rejected him...name, and all.

As for Michael...well now Michael, is the Angel of Light...but of course he's not usually refered to that. He's known more as being a charasmatic Military leader...but he took up the post that Lucifer fell from.

Saint Michael the Archangel is my patron Saint. I had to choose one when I became confirmed. He's supposed to inspire me, and be something to live up to. I know he's an Angel and not a Human...and the Clergy at Saint Paul's didnt really want me to adopt an Angel, they wanted me to adopt a human Saint...but...there wasnt any Human Saint who really inspired me.

So my inspirations are Jesus, and Saint Michael...The Creator, and the pinnicle of his Creation
Old 04-20-2009, 11:25 PM
Chris F

Satan is more of a tile then a name. As Nate said it means adversary and accuser. Lucifer would be its name.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:27 PM
CAVEMAN

What they said!