Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2009, 05:00 PM
atomdanger

Default Wanderlei Silva declares war on ‘cocky’ Anderson Silva

http://mmamania.com/2009/04/18/wande...nderson-silva/

Quote:
“I thought it was excellent being quoted by the champion without having had a fight in (Anderson’s) division. It’s a sign that I’m already bothering him. Nobody kicks a tree that is not able to give fruits…. He is too cocky. I hope he can read this. … I never talked anything bad about him; I always respected him. He has always been my friend, always respected me, but now he came with that statement. I can’t understand that. I didn’t come down to 185 to face him. Actually I didn’t have that intention. … Changing divisions and fighting the champion would be too pretentious. I should have to have many fights before facing him, but concerning his last statements, I think the way is open and the war is declared. If he beats Thales, we will meet and we will see if he will be able to do everything he says. … He knows me; I know him. We trained a lot together. He knows my failures, but I also know his failures, and I know nobody has given him a hard time. Nobody has beaten his face badly. I believe the future is pretty promising. Let’s wait and see.”
"Nobody kicks a tree that is not able to give fruits…."

Quote of the month for me.
WAR WANDY! haha
Wandy is honestly most likely my favorite fighter if you made me choose,
his attitude and heart are true inspirations to me. I know Anderson would stand a huge change to KO him,
but I would still love to see that fight.