Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 04-13-2009, 03:14 PM
CAVEMAN
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion
Sad, but Rick Warren has always been a fence sitter in my book, always peddling a fast food version of Christianity that never paralled the work of Billy Graham.

So sad, but the Bible warns of false teachers like Rick Warren in the last days.

Matthew 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

Your right, he is lukewarm at best and as Pastor he should stand for biblical truth. But I guess I really should not be surprised with this kind of thing from Pastors of Mega Churches. Seems to be the satus quo!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-13-2009, 04:08 PM
Maglorius
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN
Your right, he is lukewarm at best and as Pastor he should stand for biblical truth. But I guess I really should not be surprised with this kind of thing from Pastors of Mega Churches. Seems to be the satus quo!
That's sad that Rick Warren would go back on what he should support, but not all mega church pastors are falling away. Guys like Mark Driscoll, Matt Chandler, John Piper are preaching the truth about God without worrying of offending anyone. These guys would be bucking the trend of other mega church pastors.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-13-2009, 04:50 PM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maglorius
That's sad that Rick Warren would go back on what he should support, but not all mega church pastors are falling away. Guys like Mark Driscoll, Matt Chandler, John Piper are preaching the truth about God without worrying of offending anyone. These guys would be bucking the trend of other mega church pastors.
All three of those guy preach the Word of Faith greed gospel which is flat out heresy. SO they would not know the truth of Gods word if it bit them in the hinny.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-13-2009, 05:18 PM
Maglorius
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F
All three of those guy preach the Word of Faith greed gospel which is flat out heresy. SO they would not know the truth of Gods word if it bit them in the hinny.

I don't know where you got that idea but, none of these guys teach the word of faith. Have you even listened to any of their teachings. They have nothing in common with guys like Joel Osteen, TD Jakes or the likes on these guys. I urge you to actually listen to these guys teaching and you will be surprised.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-13-2009, 05:22 PM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maglorius
I don't know where you got that idea but, none of these guys teach the word of faith. Have you even listened to any of their teachings. They have nothing in common with guys like Joel Osteen, TD Jakes or the likes on these guys. I urge you to actually listen to these guys teaching and you will be surprised.
I apologize I misread the names you listed. John Piper is a very good minister. However the other guys you listed are a little to seeker sensititve for me. They are a lot better then Osteen and Warren but they still a little to reserved for my taste.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-13-2009, 05:46 PM
Maglorius
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F
I apologize I misread the names you listed. John Piper is a very good minister. However the other guys you listed are a little to seeker sensititve for me. They are a lot better then Osteen and Warren but they still a little to reserved for my taste.

No problem. I am a little surprised you would think Driscoll or Chandler are seeker sensitive. I don't know if you have actually listened to these guys but they are not at all seeker sensitive.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-14-2009, 02:20 PM
KevinD
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preach
What is really scarey is that Church's today are catering more to the congregation then they are to God. They are trying to become politically correct. The problem is the Church shouldn't be following the standard but rather setting the standard. There is no gray area in Christianity. It's all black and white. Jesus often said you either in the light or in the darkness. You can't be both you have to choose your side.
Many today have the form of godliness the Bible spoke of but are truly denying the power thereof. We as Christians need to draw a line in the sand and stand for what's right. We must come out from among them and be seperate.
The thing that really bother's me about the Rick Warren's of today is that they truly hurt the apperance of the church. We have a problem in the fact that people put soo much of their faith in the messanger not in the message. It's as if when they fall they grab hold of everyone around them and pull them down too. Confidence in man will always leave you empty.

That is really well said and worth repeating.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-14-2009, 03:39 PM
CAVEMAN
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

My problem with most of the mega church pastors is what they are winning their people to! Are they winning them to Jesus or are they winning them to worldly entertainment and "feel good"/empty messages?

Matthew Chapter 7: 13,14

13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because[a] narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-14-2009, 04:25 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I personally watch Joel Osteen. I stay glued to the tv and seem to understand him. I have a bad attention span guys and I get so distracted with anything, but I can honestly say I pay attention to him...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.