Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-09-2009, 12:40 AM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
saw this on espn, interview with the lead producer of the game, he talks about career mode, I can't wait for this game

What will the game's career mode feature be like?
In career mode, you're basically working your way up through the system of UFC. So, you're going to create your character, you'll assign yourself a striking and grappling technique, then you train those skills. You won't have as much power, energy or ability as the typical UFC fighter when you start out, but as you progress through career you'll get better. And we don't have any cheesy mini-games where you mash the buttons to push a weight bar up. The training you do in the career mode is fighting like you would in a real fight. So if you have a fight coming up, and you're a boxing/wrestler guy and you're next opponent is a Muay Thai guy, then your training partner will be a Muay Thai fighter, so you can train against those moves. There's a whole interactive calendar system where you know your fight is in a couple of weeks and you'll need to pick where you'll train, where you'll spar and where you should rest in order to build up your stamina. It's like a game within the game where you might want to risk training right before a fight, losing out on some of your stamina, but at the same time gaining valuable points on your standing game. The choices are all up to you on how you shape your career. And once you start building up his skill, you can take your created fighter online, so it's a cool way to get invested in your character and his abilities. It also lets you replay the game multiple ways because you can start one career as a boxer/wrestler, then when that career is done, you can play as a fighter who is into kickboxing and judo and have a completely different experience.

here is the full interview
http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=4050132
That's awesome.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:44 AM
bry241173

Hey, i went to the UK launch of Undisputed on behalf of mmajunkie.com, my article was published on the site 8th April, check it out, the game is really good, once you start to get the hang of it there are some sick submissions to be used!
Old 04-10-2009, 01:13 PM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bry241173
Hey, i went to the UK launch of Undisputed on behalf of mmajunkie.com, my article was published on the site 8th April, check it out, the game is really good, once you start to get the hang of it there are some sick submissions to be used!
checking it it out now ...o and why no link
Old 04-13-2009, 10:41 PM
bry241173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 16
checking it it out now ...o and why no link
http://mmajunkie.com/news/14503/evan...-u-k-event.mma

Last edited by bry241173; 04-14-2009 at 09:27 AM.