Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 01-28-2009, 02:47 PM
Twinsmama

Oh my gosh !!! I can't believe you actually did have to deliver your first one....and your wife didn't get drugs!! She must be a super strong woman. I'm so happy for both of you. Your daughter sure likes to make a grand entrance!
Old 01-28-2009, 02:57 PM
County Mike

Good work stud! Congrats.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:27 PM
warriorlion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
Keziah Rose--beautiful! Any special meaning?

Congratulations to both mommy and daddy!

Keziah means cinimon. however it is hebrew in origin, Job when he was blessed at the end of his trials, had 3 daughters Keziah was the middle daughter and Job 42 says that there were no woman more beautiful than Jobs daughters and that Job gave them an inheritance along with their 7 brothers.

We really liked the name, although it was not top of our list before, but we agreed that she was a Keziah from the minute she was born
Old 01-28-2009, 06:30 PM
warriorlion

As for the sending us home thing. Not sure what they call active labour in the States, but they dont class it as labour until you are a min of 3cm dialated. So they said that the wife was in the initial stages and that they wouldnt do anything for her at that early stage.

Not happy about that since the baby could have had all sorts of complications - prasie God that she came safe, with no complications in the circumstances. No stitches for my wife, and all done naturally on Gas and Air only, no drugs.

A whole new respect for my wife let me tell you!!!!

She is not a lady to mess with.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:05 PM
CAVEMAN

Congrats bro!
Old 01-28-2009, 07:16 PM
Jeval

Congrats
Old 01-28-2009, 08:46 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Talking

You have your baby at last! I'm so pleased for you
Old 01-29-2009, 12:14 AM
Super Moderator

I send people home all the time even if they are contracting. When I work triage, I keep a pt for an hour. If she hasn't changed her cervix in that hour, she goes home. If baby looks great on the monitor, I may have her walk for that hour to help try to get the contractions stronger and more frequent and have baby's head rub on mom's cervix. If no change in an hour, it's not considered labor and she goes home. It is rather common for women to have contractions and have it not be labor at all. If I admit those women, then we end up having to start pitocin on them and it is considered an induction. Unnecessary inductions are the cause of way too many cesarean sections in this country and that leads to more babies in NICU cuz they were forced to be born.

The contractions either go away in a few hours (usually mom is dehydrated and just needs to drink a bunch of water) or they'll get stronger and the woman will come back and be admitted after her cervix has changed. And it isn't the nurse's call....we have to call the doc and the doc says "Send her home with instructions".

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 01-29-2009, 12:15 AM
Super Moderator

And I meant to say a big congrats to you and your wife on the healthy baby. That's wonderful news! She'll have an exciting birth story now.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 01-29-2009, 07:48 PM

Congratulations mate!