Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 04-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
it just annoys me Andreas, that all these Americans pooh-pooh the UN and speak as if the United States wasnt responsible primarily for its creation, or that they are a part of it.

Naturally, they are too busy saving the Universe
it's the American way. if it's not in our favor, we denounce it.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:49 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
You guys REALLY need to show a little respect for the rest of the World. apart from the French
Respect needs to be earned. I respect the UK (aside from the 16 on TUF ) because they've been our loyal allies (well, ignoring the whole revolutionary war & war of 1812, but other than that!). I respect Canada because they send us good comedians. I respect Germany because they make good cars. I don't respect British comedians, Canadian cars or German allies.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:19 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Respect needs to be earned. I respect the UK (aside from the 16 on TUF ) because they've been our loyal allies (well, ignoring the whole revolutionary war & war of 1812, but other than that!). I respect Canada because they send us good comedians. I respect Germany because they make good cars. I don't respect British comedians, Canadian cars or German allies.
Canadian cars? what would those be ... or are you talking about american cars made in canada?
Old 04-07-2009, 10:22 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
Canadian cars? what would those be ... or are you talking about american cars made in canada?
No, I was just switiching the nouns & the countries for effect.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
What are you talking about??? The United States is ON The Security Council. Stop speaking about the United Nations as if YOU arent part of it
None of us chose to be a part of the UN, Dave. That was a decision that was made before any of us were born. However, if you read the words of the Founding Fathers, the idea of the US entering any kind of alliance with Europe would have been a considerably dangerous one.

I personally happen to disagree with our place in the UN, I don't think the organization should exist at all.

I don't know the number of times the US has deferred to the UN and I really don't care. I just know that many Americans don't agree that we should be a part of it.

We're the greatest nation in the world, what do we need the UN for?
Old 04-07-2009, 11:01 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
None of us chose to be a part of the UN, Dave. That was a decision that was made before any of us were born. However, if you read the words of the Founding Fathers, the idea of the US entering any kind of alliance with Europe would have been a considerably dangerous one.

I personally happen to disagree with our place in the UN, I don't think the organization should exist at all.

I don't know the number of times the US has deferred to the UN and I really don't care. I just know that many Americans don't agree that we should be a part of it.

We're the greatest nation in the world, what do we need the UN for?
You basically created the United Nations to curb rougue nations that would act like Hitler did. Invade whoever they wanted, when they wanted, for their own personal gain. The United Nations is like a World Opinion Poll

You big dissagreement to it, is probably that it stops you doing whatever you want to do...but thats the whole idea. What gives The United States of America, the Right to act outside of her own soverignty without thought or regard for any other country

Europe was rebuilt by the Americans, and along with members of Old Europe the United States FOUNDED the United Nations...why do you think half the Security Council Members are World War Two Allied Nations Why do you think the United Nations Headquarter is in America These are cooincidences????
Old 04-08-2009, 02:33 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
it just annoys me Andreas, that all these Americans pooh-pooh the UN and speak as if the United States wasnt responsible primarily for its creation, or that they are a part of it.

Naturally, they are too busy saving the Universe
Dave, just because we helped to found it, set up it's structure, and be a member of the UN does NOT mean that we can't say that we think it isn't accomplishing what it was set up to do. The UN works in some cases and some it don't. It looks like we will have to pick up their slack.

Besides, if we weren't deferring to world issues to the UN then you would be pissin' & moanin' about that, too.

(Before you say "Well, you didn't listen to them before...", I say, "So, we broke out of form; doesn't mean that we have to continue to do it everytime.")
Old 04-08-2009, 02:37 AM
Administrator

Quote:
You basically created the United Nations to curb rougue nations that would act like Hitler did. Invade whoever they wanted, when they wanted, for their own personal gain. The United Nations is like a World Opinion Poll

You big dissagreement to it, is probably that it stops you doing whatever you want to do...but thats the whole idea. What gives The United States of America, the Right to act outside of her own soverignty without thought or regard for any other country

Europe was rebuilt by the Americans, and along with members of Old Europe the United States FOUNDED the United Nations...why do you think half the Security Council Members are World War Two Allied Nations Why do you think the United Nations Headquarter is in America These are cooincidences????
Again, "we" didn't create anything. The UN was created before any of the Americans on this board were even born. So, it's not us doing anything, it's our government acting on it's own accord independent of the will of the people. I think most Americans would find the UN an unnecessary body that accomplishes nothing and just sits around and waits for America to do all the dirty works. Then they shake their heads and pretend to be offended as they reap the benefits of our actions.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:31 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
The UN was created before any of the Americans on this board were even born.
umm, i was born centuries ago, thank you

Old 04-08-2009, 11:28 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
umm, i was born centuries ago, thank you