Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 03-30-2009, 07:52 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default Not going to Tenth Legion MMA anymore

See I got to know the guy who runs this new MMA production in Hull, which isnt to far from where I live. He also runs a fightwear brand, called Tenth Legion. Since Jess Liaudin was on the card, I thought it might be nice to go. So I got incontact with the guy and he was really nice.

He told me that I could have a seat in with the press pack

And then there was a death in the family. Now next weekend is up in the air with a funeral on the south coast and I dont know whether I should/am going...so I've had to tell him that I cant go.

I thought he'd be angry and I felt really bad about messing him around the week before his first show. But he understood perfectly, and he said he would supply me with dvd footage and stills of the event so I could still do my write up for MMAHitPit dot com

Now isnt that nice of him. He also lives in York so I'm going along sometime after the event probably, to get a proper interview with him anyway, that hasnt changed

Its funny, because it may all be just for the publicity, but its suprising to me just how willing these new MMA productions in the United Kingdom are. I thought I'd share this with everyone
Old 03-30-2009, 07:56 PM
Miss Foxy

Thats good news Dave!! Sorry about the loss in your family.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:16 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
Thats good news Dave!! Sorry about the loss in your family.
I'm glad that its not let anyone down to much.

The family death was of a women I wrote to a bit but had never met...all the same though...she was so old and cut herself off and...now there is noone to go to her funeral...and I cant bear the thought of an empty church in such a situation
Old 03-30-2009, 08:46 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I'm glad that its not let anyone down to much.

The family death was of a women I wrote to a bit but had never met...all the same though...she was so old and cut herself off and...now there is noone to go to her funeral...and I cant bear the thought of an empty church in such a situation
Thats definitely the Christian/Human thing to do Dave... Glad you have a big heart <3
Old 03-30-2009, 09:01 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
Thats definitely the Christian/Human thing to do Dave... Glad you have a big heart <3
it was the one thing that really got to me about my Grandmothers funeral...She died on Easter Sunday of that year a week later we had the funeral...and it was in a huge Church, Trinity Methodist...and there was literally only the core family...less then twelve

Eighty-Eight years...and only 12 people came to the funeral...most of her friends of course had already died...What use is living a long time...if you outlive everyone...you are then all alone, and there is noone left to grieve your passing.

Its the one thing I find so disturbing...when I planned my own funeral, I had assumed that all my family would be there...of course...most of them wont be. The people to attend my funeral havent been born yet, and the people I'm living with now will almost certainly die prior to me

how strange that my parents probably wont be at my funeral...and of course because I'm unlikely to have a wife and children....who will be left when I die...will I two be packaged off in a cold and empty church...

So now I'm faced with the fact that someone I bearly knew...someone who cut herself off from her family for the best part of half a century...now has...noone to come to her funeral...I cant bear that thought...and if I need to be at her Funeral, then The Tenth Legion will have to cope without me...

I know my priorities
Old 03-30-2009, 09:33 PM

Dave you do have a tender heart.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:24 AM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
Dave you do have a tender heart.
You really do, Dave. It's been Growing since awhile back...
Old 04-01-2009, 12:25 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
You really do, Dave. It's been Growing since awhile back...
Yes....The days of "Growing-Heart"