Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 03-25-2009, 04:41 PM
Primadawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
By "know" you mean "read something the wrote on a stall door", don't you?

No...I mean "know" as in carnally....
Old 03-25-2009, 04:47 PM
CAVEMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
Go eat at Ed Debevic's, their food is awesome, and the servers dance on the tables and are rude to the customers, it's great.

Field Museum, The Museum of Science and Industry, The Art Institute, Shed Aquarium, and Navy Pier are all fun if you have never been there before, or if you are on field trip in junior high.

If you like concerts, check out who is playing at local venues like the Aragon Ballroom, The Riviera, Double-Door Bar, or the Metro.

One thing that is kinda "touristy" but I still love to do whenever I am downtown in the daytime is going up to the top of Sears Tower, which they just renamed "Willis Tower". The view is awesome on a clear day.

Or even take in a Bulls or a Blackhawks game, seeing the United Center is a must for anybody in Chicago.

Just stay off the Eden's Expressway around 5pm. Or just avoid driving at all around 5pm. That sucks.
Definitely Ed's!

Que, be careful on Rush Street!

Didn't I just hear that foreigners own the Sears Tower now?
Old 03-25-2009, 06:46 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN
Definitely Ed's!

Que, be careful on Rush Street!

Didn't I just hear that foreigners own the Sears Tower now?
Unfortunately you are correct...its willis tower now
Old 03-30-2009, 06:55 PM
que

got back yesterday and i had a great time. we went practically everywhere. spent a couple days just walking around downtown. ate some amazing food. i visited the art institute of chicago which is beautiful. i've seen alot of art institutes but this one was unique, the architecture is amazing. not only for that building but all the other buildings in the area as well. the last day of my trip we went to the bahai temple which is supposed to be for christianity, judeism, hinduism and buddhism. spent a while in there in pure silence admiring the beauty of it all and then some monks came in and started quoting some scripture, then some other monks came in and chanted and sang for a while. very interesting and the acoustics in there were great. the temple was extremely beautiful and it sits on top of a hill which was so windy i felt like i was on top of a mountain while climbing the steps to the temple. that was cool and probably the highlight of my trip. i am sold on chicago and will most likely be moving there this summer
Old 03-30-2009, 07:01 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
the last day of my trip we went to the bahai temple which is supposed to be for christianity, judeism, hinduism and buddhism. spent a while in there in pure silence admiring the beauty of it all and then some monks came in and started quoting some scripture, then some other monks came in and chanted and sang for a while. very interesting and the acoustics in there were great. the temple was extremely beautiful and it sits on top of a hill which was so windy i felt like i was on top of a mountain while climbing the steps to the temple. that was cool and probably the highlight of my trip. i am sold on chicago and will most likely be moving there this summer
I might visit that whilst I'm in Chicago on tour
Old 03-30-2009, 07:02 PM
que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I might visit that whilst I'm in Chicago on tour
you should, you would like it
Old 03-31-2009, 12:26 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

The Art Institute is cool, but Museum of Science and Industry was always my favorite. Glad to hear you dug Chi-Town Que. I was just by the Bahai Temple last week on my way back from Wisconsin, that building is crazy.

My band is actually playing a show at a new place right across the street from the Art Institute in a couple weeks, which is awesome because there are always a lot of people on Michigan ave on a Friday Night.