Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 03-30-2009, 06:54 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,988
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
i seriously doubt that was on purpose. hendo is not like that and he needs no reason to poke someone in the eye. he is a true competitor who wants a real win and with millions of people watching he isn't stupid enough to do that on purpose in front of everyone. eye pokes happen all the time in mma especially with those little gloves
He has held multiple belts in Pride, and he was in the main event. He was only competiting for 15 mins

during that time he managed a headbutt and an Eyepoke. The former looked accidental, the latter looked deliberate, naturally not even one point was deducted since it was supposedly just accidental...every other mistake a fighter makes in punished...there is very little that stops a fighter from making several accidents occur that lead to a win.

Its the fact he hasnt, to the best of my knowledge, got a history of this, that makes me think it was also deliberate. Hadnt had the best run in his career, had to win to get on TUF...gave an increadibly poor performance, which seemingly noone cares or has picked up on.

Now we see, TUF will shine the lime light in his direction, and I hope, for his sake, he looks good.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-30-2009, 07:10 PM
que
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn

Its the fact he hasnt, to the best of my knowledge, got a history of this, that makes me think it was also deliberate. Hadnt had the best run in his career, had to win to get on TUF...gave an increadibly poor performance, which seemingly noone cares or has picked up on.
the way you talk about hendo it makes him sound pretty bad. you can make any fighter sound bad if you say it like that.

hendo has fought more top fighters than any other fighter in MMA history and he has only been finished 3 times... by big nog, little nog, and anderson silva. that by itself is an incredible feat. he has had a great career run and one that most fighters could only wish to have

i'm not even a huge hendo fan but c'mon man, you gotta give him a bit more credit when you talk about him like that. and about his poor performance, i would give him a break. he is 38 years old (way past the prime of most fighters) and his body has been in many wars and taken huge beatings throughout his career. it is only expected that he declines as he gets older, that is the natural way.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-30-2009, 07:32 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,988
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by que

1)the way you talk about hendo it makes him sound pretty bad. you can make any fighter sound bad if you say it like that.

2) hendo has fought more top fighters than any other fighter in MMA history and he has only been finished 3 times... by big nog, little nog, and anderson silva. that by itself is an incredible feat. he has had a great career run and one that most fighters could only wish to have

3) i'm not even a huge hendo fan but c'mon man, you gotta give him a bit more credit when you talk about him like that. and about his poor performance, i would give him a break. he is 38 years old (way past the prime of most fighters) and his body has been in many wars and taken huge beatings throughout his career. it is only expected that he declines as he gets older, that is the natural way.
1) Yes, it does doesnt it.

2) That is partly why I'm so dissapointed Que. For someone who has fought so many of the best and been finished by so few, shouldnt his accuracy be a little bit better then what was displayed versus Rich Franklin? Dont we expect someone who has done all you've listed to live up to expectations

3) Would you still be saying that if Rich Franklin had been forced into retirement due to an illegal strike? Will you still think that in future if someone you like is conned out of the chance of a strictly fair fight by a few too many accidents??

When will the Refs start to crack down on a blatent issue of Fighter Safety?? Will it take a career ending "accident" before they bother?

I dont mind people putting on poor performances if it reflects on them. I DO mind when people put on poor performances that endanger the lives of others and when that danger is frankly ignored.

So...Let us see what happens on TUF, as to whether he will regain my support or not. I really get annoyed with Fighters that let me down. Georges Saint Pierre did it...I hope TUF vindicates Henderson...but at this stage I will be honnest, and say, I dont know that it will.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03-30-2009, 08:02 PM
que
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
1) Yes, it does doesnt it.

2) That is partly why I'm so dissapointed Que. For someone who has fought so many of the best and been finished by so few, shouldnt his accuracy be a little bit better then what was displayed versus Rich Franklin? Dont we expect someone who has done all you've listed to live up to expectations

3) Would you still be saying that if Rich Franklin had been forced into retirement due to an illegal strike? Will you still think that in future if someone you like is conned out of the chance of a strictly fair fight by a few too many accidents??

When will the Refs start to crack down on a blatent issue of Fighter Safety?? Will it take a career ending "accident" before they bother?

I dont mind people putting on poor performances if it reflects on them. I DO mind when people put on poor performances that endanger the lives of others and when that danger is frankly ignored.

So...Let us see what happens on TUF, as to whether he will regain my support or not. I really get annoyed with Fighters that let me down. Georges Saint Pierre did it...I hope TUF vindicates Henderson...but at this stage I will be honnest, and say, I dont know that it will.

2) as i already said, hendo's poor performance (although it wasn't really a 'poor' performance) is not surprising because of his age. he is getting old and he is declining. he is not as good as he once was and that is expected for his age.

3) if hendo forced franklin into retirement because of the eye poke or head butt then i would be greatly dissapointed. but it still would depend on whether or not he did it intentionally or not. and i don't believe he did. i see no reason why hendo would want to intentionally cheat. it is not in his character. with that said.. even if hendo did not eye poke or head butt franklin, i still believe he won that fight fair and square. of course that is a matter of opinion though but i feel he won anyways.

i don't see why hendo needs to regain your confidence in TUF but i think he will. people will see what a good person/role model/coach he is. i hope
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 03-30-2009, 08:06 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,485
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Its the fact he hasnt, to the best of my knowledge, got a history of this, that makes me think it was also deliberate.

Because he hasn't had a history of eye pokes then he can't do it accidentally? That makes perfect sense!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 03-30-2009, 08:07 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,988
Default

did you watch the replay

it really looks deliberate.

I guess we'll see, perhaps if he cant fight a single match without multiple mistakes...he ought to retire so that his opponents dont face unnecc injury due to his decline in age
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 03-30-2009, 08:09 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,988
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
Because he hasn't had a history of eye pokes then he can't do it accidentally? That makes perfect sense!
he doesnt have a history of low blows...so whats his excuse for starting now...with more then one
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-30-2009, 08:56 PM
Jonlion's Avatar
Jonlion Jonlion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
did you watch the replay

it really looks deliberate.

I guess we'll see, perhaps if he cant fight a single match without multiple mistakes...he ought to retire so that his opponents dont face unnecc injury due to his decline in age
Dave, i hate it when you are like this!

Hendo was fighting one of the greatest fighters in the game and he to beat him he had to be good. 2 Rounds he won, the last he was in trouble but he rode it out.

He won fair and square against a great fighter. Rich never complained, no one suspects Hendo doinng anything deliberate.

The facts are, he won the fight, he is a legend in this sport and to me an all round great guy. He has been nothing short of excellent.

He has let no one down and i am proud of him and he needs to prove nothing what so ever to me.

He just needs a competitive TUF with Bisping and hopefully a great fight at the end of it.

I think i prefer Hendo over Bisping but i'd be happy for both.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-30-2009, 10:03 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,988
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion
1)
He won fair and square against a great fighter. Rich never complained, no one suspects Hendo doinng anything deliberate.

The facts are, he won the fight, he is a legend in this sport and to me an all round great guy. He has been nothing short of excellent.

He has let no one down and i am proud of him and he needs to prove nothing what so ever to me.

He just needs a competitive TUF with Bisping and hopefully a great fight at the end of it.

I think i prefer Hendo over Bisping but i'd be happy for both.
1) Believe me when I say, that I am not the only person who thinks the eye poke was deliberate, I'm not the only person infact who has told Franklin, that the replay sure looks deliberate

2) This isnt about Henderson winning, its FAR deeper then that. Firstly, Fighter should be punished for illegal blows, and they are not, Secondly someone is going to end up seriously hurt one day, thankfully Rich Franklin was not

3) so the facts are that we dont know if he's wonderful and classy, he may have fought a lot of names, but something was seriously lacking in his performance, be it accidental age, or deliberate career advantage.

...So let the Populas be the Judge after TUF...but whereas before his stunt with Franklin I would have supported Henderson...now I shall wait to see who impresses me most
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.