Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 03-30-2009, 06:20 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Honestly, I think Kimbo would be good in boxing. All he has to watch for is punches. I saw Gannon nail him with knees in that street fight and he took a beating and kept coming at him, although he ultimately lost the fight.

Kimbo can hit HARD. I like the guy, he was always very respectful to the fans, his opponents, and EliteXC. I think most people just hated him because EliteXC hyped him up so much. But it wasn't Kimbo saying anything like that, so there's really no reason to hate him. He trains hard and respects everything around the sport, and the opportunity presented to him. No hate for Kimbo. Best of luck.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
Honestly, I think Kimbo would be good in boxing. All he has to watch for is punches. I saw Gannon nail him with knees in that street fight and he took a beating and kept coming at him, although he ultimately lost the fight.

Kimbo can hit HARD. I like the guy, he was always very respectful to the fans, his opponents, and EliteXC. I think most people just hated him because EliteXC hyped him up so much. But it wasn't Kimbo saying anything like that, so there's really no reason to hate him. He trains hard and respects everything around the sport, and the opportunity presented to him. No hate for Kimbo. Best of luck.
Well said

[
Old 03-30-2009, 06:52 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

War Kimbo!
Old 03-30-2009, 07:23 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
I don't understand why people don't like this guy so much ... he has to feed his family too ... how many people here would jump at the opportunity to train with the best and get $500,000 a fight? they flashed it in front of him and of course he is going to take it, just like anyone in their right mind would ... and yes, boxing endurance is easier .. when you don't need to worry about being taken down and fighting your way back, you are able to conserve your energy better ... hopefully he does well ...

i think people are more jealous of the fact that they or they know people who have been training for years and this guy comes along with a couple of street fights and gets all this cash ... again, not his fault ....
Its not that I don't like him I can care less about him as a person not to sound mean im just being honest. I just think that as a boxing fan and boxer or ex-boxer lol I don't like the concept. I think people don't give credit to boxers for how hard it really is to maintain stamina and endurance. I also think that the sport needs some fresh blood just not Kimbo.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:58 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
I don't understand why people don't like this guy so much ... he has to feed his family too ... how many people here would jump at the opportunity to train with the best and get $500,000 a fight? they flashed it in front of him and of course he is going to take it, just like anyone in their right mind would ... and yes, boxing endurance is easier .. when you don't need to worry about being taken down and fighting your way back, you are able to conserve your energy better ... hopefully he does well ...

i think people are more jealous of the fact that they or they know people who have been training for years and this guy comes along with a couple of street fights and gets all this cash ... again, not his fault ....
I liked him until Bas stopped training him. For Bas to stop training you you have to be a screw up.

Now I want to him put up or shut up. Fight some one so you ae worthy of us bothering to talk about you