Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 01-23-2009, 10:56 AM
Jason 16

Default Just got them(8 wisdom teeth) out and it sucks

I got all 8 of them out and its not fun at all I had bleeding for about 20 hours and almost no swelling on the right side the left side more than makes up for it. I havent eaten for about 35 hours and strangely I dont feel hungry.(I normaly eat 4 meals a day) and Ive been sleping every 3 hours for the fist day and now on the second day I woke up at 4am. O hint to any one that gets them out, dont stand up and get out of bed the second you wake up you will fall on your face (second time Ive done this after surgury) . just felt like giveing you guys an update
Old 01-23-2009, 11:07 AM
County Mike

Here's to a speedy recovery. Don't worry, a few years from now you'll look back and think "It wasn't so bad.".
Old 01-23-2009, 11:41 AM
KevinD

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
Here's to a speedy recovery. Don't worry, a few years from now you'll look back and think "It wasn't so bad.".

lol, thats funny.

Good luck to you. It will get better.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:18 PM
Jason 16

thanks guys
Old 01-23-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 16
I got all 8 of them out and its not fun at all I had bleeding for about 20 hours and almost no swelling on the right side the left side more than makes up for it. I havent eaten for about 35 hours and strangely I dont feel hungry.(I normaly eat 4 meals a day) and Ive been sleping every 3 hours for the fist day and now on the second day I woke up at 4am. O hint to any one that gets them out, dont stand up and get out of bed the second you wake up you will fall on your face (second time Ive done this after surgury) . just felt like giveing you guys an update
I wish oyu a speedy recovery my friend. That can't be any fun at all.
Thanks for the advice on post surgery! That would have been horrible if you'd knocked additional teeth out.

[
Old 01-23-2009, 12:57 PM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
I wish oyu a speedy recovery my friend. That can't be any fun at all.
Thanks for the advice on post surgery! That would have been horrible if you'd knocked additional teeth out.
lol yea go from 2 years of braces to wisdom teeth than knocking my front teeth out would be horrable
Old 01-26-2009, 03:23 PM
Twinsmama

How are you feeling now??
Old 01-27-2009, 10:24 PM
Jason 16

good now thanks iam still a little scared of eating any thing even slightly hard but Iam getting there
Old 01-27-2009, 10:48 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Glad you are on your way recovery, wisdom teeth are no fun.

Although what you said about standing up right when you wake up from surgey is very true. I tried to do that too.

True story. I was 18 when I had my 4 wisdom teeth taken out. My mom took me to the oral surgeon and picked me up when it was over. When we left, I was still pretty drugged up and very loopy. As we drove home, we stopped at Mcdonalds and I got a milkshake. As we left Mcdonalds we came to a red-light at the intersection and a big red-pickup truck pulled up next to us. In the truck was a couple guys who I had went to high school with, and basically these guys hated me and all my friends, and they liked to think they were the "cool" kids.

So, for no reason at all, they start yelling at me and my mom. I don't even remember what they were saying, I just remember being really messed up from the drugs, and then getting REALLY pissed off. Anyway, I got out of my moms car and threw my chocolate shake at their open window and starting screaming at them to get out and fight me. They just sat there with their mouths open like they had seen a ghost and then the light changed and they floored it out of there.

Now, I am not some crazy bad ass, nor do I ever claim to be, but I could tell I had scared the crap out of them, and I remember thinking "thats weird". Usually, those guys would have jumped at the chance to fight me, especially 2 against 1. The whole time, my mom was screaming at me to calm down and get back in the car, and when I did I realized what had scared them off...As I was screaming at the two knuckleheads, all the gauze had come out of my mouth and I was spewing blood like Gene Simmons at a KISS concert. It was all over my clothes and my arms.

I look back and laugh now, but that could have been bad.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:43 AM
gymcoach97

I didn't go to the oral surgeon for my wisdom teeth. I had them taken out in the dentist's chair. This guy was awesome. He saved me a small fortune. I got 4 out for under $500!

The top ones came out really easy. The bottom were a little more a challenge and took a few extra shots of laticane or novacaine or whatever he was using. But, I was rooting him on the whole way and gave him a high 5 when it was over. It took about an hour, but he got the job done. He was phenomenal.

I don't even think that I bought any prescription painkillers...a couple days of over-the-counter ibuprofen and I was good.