Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 03-26-2009, 04:31 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn
I'm not mean, YOU'RE just a sissy.
Meeeooowwwww..............................
Old 03-26-2009, 04:42 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I like Canada...I always think of Canadians like Brits but with American accents...whereas I think of Americans as Americans

Canadians think Commonwealth...Americans think entirely different
because Canada still follows the queen to an extent, we are independent here and we do it our way, and I wouldn't have it any other way
Old 03-26-2009, 04:43 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
Meeeooowwwww..............................
that just reminded me of that part of super troopers for some reason haha, just figured I'd throw that out there, carry on now
Old 03-26-2009, 04:51 AM
mscomc

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
because Canada still follows the queen to an extent, we are independent here and we do it our way, and I wouldn't have it any other way
I wouldnt say we really "follow" the queen. It is true, we do have a "constitutional-monarchy", but whenever we pass a bill into law, it only goes to queen for approval as a symbolic and traditional gesture if anything. I think in the entire time of our independence, the queen via her representative "the governor general" has only rejected one bill, and i dont even think it was all that important (history was along time ago for me)....plus we do have a system of reciprocal regulation...the queen cant just order a new law for us, just as we can not make one with out her saying yes.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:53 AM
Chuck

Quote:
that just reminded me of that part of super troopers for some reason haha, just figured I'd throw that out there, carry on now
Meow would you say something like that??
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscomc
I wouldnt say we really "follow" the queen. It is true, we do have a "constitutional-monarchy", but whenever we pass a bill into law, it only goes to queen for approval as a symbolic and traditional gesture if anything. I think in the entire time of our independence, the queen via her representative "the governor general" has only rejected one bill, and i dont even think it was all that important (history was along time ago for me)....plus we do have a system of reciprocal regulation...the queen cant just order a new law for us, just as we can not make one with out her saying yes.
I know she isn't like an almighty ruler or monarch over canada, I guess what I was trying to say is that Canada still uses the queen in more of an advice and guidance way
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
Meow would you say something like that??
Can you step out of the car right meow
Old 03-26-2009, 04:55 AM
mscomc

Quote:
I know she isn't like an almighty ruler or monarch over canada, I guess what I was trying to say is that Canada still uses the queen in more of an advice and guidance way

oooo man thats 0/2 for me..... first it was the "aboot" joke and now this, MY BAD....
Old 03-26-2009, 04:57 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscomc
oooo man thats 0/2 for me..... first it was the "aboot" joke and now this, MY BAD....
no problem, I could have worded it better