Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 01-27-2009, 06:28 PM
mikthehick

Default Eye Kant Spel

I can't, seriously---I know that there is no such word as can't and all, but it's true. Thank GOD for spell check....

(just needed a break from work typing up a C.V. for a professor) My stupid scanner won't scan the old typewriter version, so I'm sitting here typing up the poor thing and it's only about 9 pages...should be done with it soon.

It just sucks knowing that everyone else is at home sleeping and enjoying there time off while I actually made it into work today.....
Old 01-27-2009, 06:54 PM
robert.sadler

Your CV is 9 pages long :O

should be about two maybe three pages max

I help a lot of my mates with CV's and application forms if you want me to have a look at it I can help you ... compact it slightly.

The way to look at it is, if you were an employer and had 100 CV's to check through would you really bother reading the 9 pager?

Cheers

Robert
Old 01-27-2009, 06:57 PM
mikthehick

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert.sadler
Your CV is 9 pages long :O

should be about two maybe three pages max

I help a lot of my mates with CV's and application forms if you want me to have a look at it I can help you ... compact it slightly.

The way to look at it is, if you were an employer and had 100 CV's to check through would you really bother reading the 9 pager?

Cheers

Robert
LOL, you think I would have a CV?? thanks, but I'm too young to have anything like that ;)

This is for an emeritus faculty, just so they cna have it to send out for this prize he just won. He's been in Chemical Engineering for 80 years or something, and he's still around. The old typewriter copy is sitting here on my desk, and just typing this stuff amazes me....
Old 01-27-2009, 07:00 PM
robert.sadler

Ah right

I guess 80 years would equal 9 pages ....

And your never to young to start your CV just to hone your skills!