Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2009, 07:44 PM
Administrator

Default BLOG: GSP and BJ Penn Rematch

From Matt's blog:

Quote:
Two weeks ago we went to the AC/DC concert in St. Louis. Audra and I went with five other couples. We went out to eat first at Houlihans, then went over to the concert. I didn't know what to expect, I've been to a couple of country music concerts (Kenny Chesney, George Strait, Brooks & Dunn); but never anything like AC/DC. When I was in high school, I had about twelve AC/DC tapes (yes, when I was in high school we had tapes, not CDs). So, I've always been an AC/DC fan and I was excited to go to the concert. We weren't sitting in rows, we had a suite so it was nice to be able to walk around and socialize. We even had our own bathroom, so it all worked out great. I was excited to hear the old music, but of course they were pushing their new CD. All in all I had a great time.

Here it is Tuesday, the snow's coming down pretty hard and the weather is bad. My wife wants me to stay home from practice, so I'm going to; but the one thing I like about the snow is it's going to make the coyotes run and I'm going to be able to see them better.

Two or three weeks ago we did a prayer request for a baby that was born premature. Just found out yesterday, the baby is doing fine and even gets to go home from the ICU this week. So Brett, you can kiss your full nights' sleep goodbye.

This weekend is the GSP/BJ rematch, I've been doing a lot of interviews on this topic, since I've fought both of them (lost to both and beat them both). I think this fight comes down to a lot of things, I think GSP will have a slight wrestling advantage and I think BJ will have a submission advantage. GSP might be a little quicker with his punches; but I believe BJ has more power and has a stronger chin. If BJ shows up in good shape, I think he can get his hand raised at the end. If BJ doesn't show up in good shape, then he might have some problems. -matt