Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 03-18-2009, 05:00 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 4,980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
I completely understand where Bailey was coming from telling Karo about how important it is that the docs know what, if anything, they are taking. Imagine if something happened in the cage and the docs are unaware of what's already in your system and they give you something that adversely reacted with what you've already taken.

If he is addicted to these painkillers, I hope he can get help. I don't know what they can do for him about his leg though.
I agree!!
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-18-2009, 09:49 PM
ufcfan2
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I do agree you gotta put that down on those pre-fight questioneers its ownly for his safety. Like one guy said if something happened in the cage it could be alot worse not knowing what hes taking.
However; I still think the punishment is a little harsh ontop of the fine imo. I'm sure we won't see GSP get any fines or suspension in his little greasegate.Anyways, I hope he gets his act together at least for his own health.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-18-2009, 11:59 PM
EHLERZ5's Avatar
EHLERZ5 EHLERZ5 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Irving, IL
Posts: 79
Default

Man that's a serious suspension.... Compare that to the suspensions given to Sherk or Doper Diaz and man that just doesn't seem equal.....
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-22-2009, 12:25 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
ouch, i actually feel a bit sorry for the guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D6Vl5aLxb4
thats extremely high profile for a Civil Disciplinary...Three Judges?? An advocate allowed to speak on his behalf...and lots of photographers

Makes me glad they talked me out of my Appeal at SPC, thankfully only one Judge, but the Appeal would have been to between FOUR and SEVEN plus that one Judge
__________________

Last edited by Tyburn; 03-22-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-22-2009, 12:28 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

if he keeps needing to take so many painkillers...should he really be fighting
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-22-2009, 03:04 PM
medic92
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I've been on Vicodin before. There were times I had trouble remembering my name, much less when I took the stupid things. I had to keep a notepad next to the bottle to make sure I didn't overdose by taking them, forgetting that I had and then taking another dose.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-22-2009, 03:36 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic92
I've been on Vicodin before. There were times I had trouble remembering my name, much less when I took the stupid things. I had to keep a notepad next to the bottle to make sure I didn't overdose by taking them, forgetting that I had and then taking another dose.
Should he be fighting if he's in constant need of an Opeate????

I mean if he is that hurt he need the meds they only allowed me to have for ONE WEEK after breaking two fingers in multiple places (Dihydrocodine) should he not be in retirement
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-22-2009, 03:41 PM
ufcfan2
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Should he be fighting if he's in constant need of an Opeate????

I mean if he is that hurt he need the meds they only allowed me to have for ONE WEEK after breaking two fingers in multiple places (Dihydrocodine) should he not be in retirement
I think hes addicted to the painkillers and needs some help for sure. I would rather see them just suspend the guy,but 24k fine? That would bankrupt alot of ppl for sure.
I hope he can get his addiction taken care of and also fix that leg hes got too much talent to screw it up.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-22-2009, 03:45 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcfan2
I think hes addicted to the painkillers and needs some help for sure. I would rather see them just suspend the guy,but 24k fine? That would bankrupt alot of ppl for sure.
I hope he can get his addiction taken care of and also fix that leg hes got too much talent to screw it up.
yeah...they told me that opeates are very addictive...but WOW do they work for pain relief or what

I remember they told me when I had two left, that I couldnt have no more I was like WTF!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.