Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 03-16-2009, 10:18 PM
Primadawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
i couldn't get into the movie as it was way too predictable and cliche for me. i was guessing everything 2 minutes before it happened. poor kid grows up in poor city. gets a lucky chance on a game show. wins game show. wins the girl. everybody dances during the end credits. oscars for everyone.

i do like danny boyle though, and i thought the beach was pretty cool
Guess I don't need to watch it now...
Old 03-17-2009, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
you talking about an autograph perhaps? I liked the movie, it seemed a little long at times, but I thought is was great, I'll definitely rent it and burn it once it comes out
Shhhh...don't ruin it for the girls.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn
Guess I don't need to watch it now...

Dawn, don't listen to Que.

Watch it and come back and let's discuss it.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:42 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
Shhhh...don't ruin it for the girls.
i didn't ruin anything, I worded it as best I could while still getting us on the same page, but if they haven't seen it, it has not been ruined...oh and that part is and
Old 03-17-2009, 01:21 AM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
i couldn't get into the movie as it was way too predictable and cliche for me. i was guessing everything 2 minutes before it happened. poor kid grows up in poor city. gets a lucky chance on a game show. wins game show. wins the girl. everybody dances during the end credits. oscars for everyone.

i do like danny boyle though, and i thought the beach was pretty cool

yeah .. people hate predictable movies ... i mean the highest grossing movie (i think) was the most unpredictable ... i never thought that damn boat was gonna sink ..
Old 03-17-2009, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
i didn't ruin anything, I worded it as best I could while still getting us on the same page, but if they haven't seen it, it has not been ruined...oh and that part is and
\

I didn't mean you "had" ruined it and you did do a good job of "asking" without giving it away (maybe you could give Que a few tips ).

If we say "too" much especially about that part, it won't be a surprise. And I agree!

Last edited by Bonnie; 03-17-2009 at 01:49 AM.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:25 PM
billwilliams70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
We saw Slumdog Millionaire yesterday. I understand why it won so big at the Academy Awards recently. Really, really good movie.
I agree. Really good movie.

Later.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:34 PM
TDPARKASH

I am also Indian, but i think their argument was more on the characterization that "the slumdogs had on themselves". I think it was depicted that people viewed themselves as low, when they really don't

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
well, being of indian descent, i also liked the movie ... but it was far from well-received by the indian communiity .... and i totally disagree ... for them, mumbai is such a large city, and this is just one small part of it ... not all of india is like that, so they firgured a lot of people think the whole place is like that ... for me, i could care less .... i liked it .. but i guess it was like how a lot of cubans didn't like scarface when it first came out as it made them all look like criminals .. whatever though, good movie ...