Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-15-2009, 04:51 AM
Moose

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNTxr2NJHa0
Old 03-15-2009, 04:59 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
ok, first of all, Kizer determined it was excessive, not, non excessive.

second of all, this is the rule:

"The excessive use of grease or any other foreign substance may not be used on the face or body of an unarmed combatant."

third of all, Kizer, told NBCSports.com that while the written regulation doesn't outlaw greasing the body, fighters at MMA events are verbally told by both the commission and the promoter that it is not allowed.

game, set and match.
So you're saying that the fighters are TOLD by the NSAC that the rules say one thing but they should ignore it and do what somebody says instead????

You don't think that's a little odd????
Old 03-15-2009, 05:20 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
So you're saying that the fighters are TOLD by the NSAC that the rules say one thing but they should ignore it and do what somebody says instead????

You don't think that's a little odd????
Asked whether the rules should be amended to include no greasing the body, Kizer said, "Not necessarily, but it wouldn't hurt. The reason for rules is to give notice as to what's illegal, and they have notice of that."
Old 03-15-2009, 05:41 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Asked whether the rules should be amended to include no greasing the body, Kizer said, "Not necessarily, but it wouldn't hurt. The reason for rules is to give notice as to what's illegal, and they have notice of that."
Well don't you see the concern then?

The reason for rules is to give notice as to what's illegal... ergo... greasing IS legal... excessive greasing is not...according to the rules.

but the NSAC tells them to ignore the rules and listen to what they say???

I would love to know what the NSAC tells the fighters before the fight??? I highly doubt before Greasegate this was ever addressed.

Ask ANYBODY on this forum 2 months ago if putting Vaseline on your body before a fight was legal and I'm sure most everybody would say no... but technically that's incorrect.

Stupid of course... but still incorrect.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:54 AM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Rogan agrees too:

1:40 mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV8FqCnUHHs
I agree with everything he said on the subject.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:06 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Well don't you see the concern then?

The reason for rules is to give notice as to what's illegal... ergo... greasing IS legal... excessive greasing is not...according to the rules.

but the NSAC tells them to ignore the rules and listen to what they say???

I would love to know what the NSAC tells the fighters before the fight??? I highly doubt before Greasegate this was ever addressed.

Ask ANYBODY on this forum 2 months ago if putting Vaseline on your body before a fight was legal and I'm sure most everybody would say no... but technically that's incorrect.

Stupid of course... but still incorrect.
the NSAC is still covered according to their rules. all they have to say is it was excessive. just better to listen and not grease.

most fighters don't know the rules verbatim anyway...Matt didn't. so they go by what the NSAC tells them before every fight.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:07 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
I agree with everything he said on the subject.
me too
Old 03-15-2009, 06:12 AM
Chuck

Quote:
the NSAC is still covered according to their rules. all they have to say is it was excessive. just better to listen and not grease.

most fighters don't know the rules verbatim anyway...Matt didn't. so they go by what the NSAC tells them before every fight.
Yeah, like I was saying... it would be interesting to see what they actually say to the fighters before they go out. I wonder if they actually mentioned greasing before this?
Old 03-15-2009, 06:31 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Yeah, like I was saying... it would be interesting to see what they actually say to the fighters before they go out. I wonder if they actually mentioned greasing before this?
don't know myself but Kizer says greasing is one of them. i'll believe Kizer on this. he has no reason to lie. fighters could sue him if he didn't really warn them.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:05 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose