Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 07-11-2014, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
How did things go today at the clinic...what did they say?

I really feel for ya, Dave! I'd suggest one of those scooter things with wheels (that's what I used), the one where you put your knee (injured leg) on the padded seat and use your good leg to push off of steering it like a bike...have you seen them?...but I'm not sure if you have the space on your first floor to maneuver around on it(?). It'd be perfect for you to get around on while you have to be non-weight bearing...if only we could turn your two-story into a one-story and get rid of all those stairs outside! But I guess if we could do that we would just fix your broken foot, huh!

Is there any way your family and friends could rotate days/take turns and come and help you with meals and the birds until you can use that foot again? They could each take a day or two that way it's not so taxing on any one person and their normal routine.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post

I really feel for ya, Dave! I'd suggest one of those scooter things with wheels (that's what I used), the one where you put your knee (injured leg) on the padded seat and use your good leg to push off of steering it like a bike...have you seen them?...but I'm not sure if you have the space on your first floor to maneuver around on it(?). It'd be perfect for you to get around on while you have to be non-weight bearing...if only we could turn your two-story into a one-story and get rid of all those stairs outside! But I guess if we could do that we would just fix your broken foot, huh!

Is there any way your family and friends could rotate days/take turns and come and help you with meals and the birds until you can use that foot again? They could each take a day or two that way it's not so taxing on any one person and their normal routine.
he's in europe .. he needs a seqway! .. welcome to old age dave .. this crap happens all the time!
Old 07-11-2014, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
he's in europe .. he needs a seqway! .. welcome to old age dave .. this crap happens all the time!
A seqway...how is that going to help him in this situation...with all those stairs! Are you trying to kill him?!
Old 07-14-2014, 11:58 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:

The clinic took off the cast, and gave me a rocker, this means I can put some pressure on the leg with crutches and dont have to hop. They have signed me off for three weeks, and my work place has said that since I had such a good record and coz I worked for more then five years they will pay full pay up to twelve weeks (hopefully I wont need that much )

With being able to put some pressure on the leg, I have mastered stairs in the last few days

I have been able to get out to the aviary since cracking the stairs, so thats alright as well

Its very frustrating coz it takes me a long time...but hopefully that will change as time passes
Old 07-14-2014, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
The clinic took off the cast, and gave me a rocker, this means I can put some pressure on the leg with crutches and dont have to hop. They have signed me off for three weeks, and my work place has said that since I had such a good record and coz I worked for more then five years they will pay full pay up to twelve weeks (hopefully I wont need that much )

With being able to put some pressure on the leg, I have mastered stairs in the last few days

I have been able to get out to the aviary since cracking the stairs, so thats alright as well

Its very frustrating coz it takes me a long time...but hopefully that will change as time passes
That's great news, Dave! How does your foot feel with some weight on it? Much pain? I know it's frustrating, but on the positive side you are more mobile now so
Old 07-14-2014, 07:26 PM

Quote:
A seqway...how is that going to help him in this situation...with all those stairs! Are you trying to kill him?!
Old 07-15-2014, 10:57 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
That's great news, Dave! How does your foot feel with some weight on it? Much pain? I know it's frustrating, but on the positive side you are more mobile now so
There isnt too much pain...but then I'm not putting too much weight on it

I made it to the end of the road and back yesterday...but I find its after I've walked for a bit...when I stop and rest THATS when it hurts most
Old 07-16-2014, 05:34 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Sorry to hear about this, Dave.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:48 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Man, Dave, I'm so sorry to hear about this! I hope you heal up quickly.
Old 07-31-2014, 11:29 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

So three weeks is up, and I went back to the Hospital...its been difficult for me this past three weeks coz I've gotten to do next to nothing. I have learned to get out and sit in the front and back Garden, and I've learned to check the bird rooms and feed and water the aviary...but that's all...ive not been allowed to walk further then needed.

The last few weeks looked something like this

Monday -Fell and broke ankle, got a cast
Tuesday - Phoned in sick (unpaid)
Wednesday - Visit from Sister (unpaid)
Thursday - got rocker (unpaid)
Friday - Father did weekly shop (paid from here on)
Saturday - Lunch at arthington court
Sunday - Meal out to celebrate my Fathers Birthday
Monday - Cracked Stairs and Aviary
Tuesday - Friend buys my bird food
Wednesday - Last visit to my parents old house before they move
Thursday - Lunch with a friend from the allotment
Friday - Visit to my parents new house, dinner at my sisters
Saturday - Nothing
Sunday Lunch at Jennyfields is cancelled due to rain
Monday -Father does weekly shopping
Tuesday - First visit to the allotment
Wednesday - Visit to my nans
Thursday - Take birds to market
Friday - Visit from my sister
Saturday - Nothing
Sunday - Arthington for lunch and second allotment visit
Monday - Father does weekly shopping
Tuesday - Nothing
Wednesday - Visit to nans
Thursday back to the hospital and third visit to the allotment.

Other then that ive been house bound...now they took the cast off, said the bone had healed, and that now I must begin to walk on it. they say that when i can walk fully, it not swell, and there be no pain I can go back to work. The hospital extended my time off work for two weeks, and told me that I had to go see a GP if I needed any extra time off after two weeks...coz it will be muscle, ligament damage, not bone, and that will heal whenever it heals so to speak. They said to take it easy for the next four days and use just the one crutch...and then to drop the crutch and work up.

Personally...I expect this will take slightly longer then two weeks...but maybe only by a week...that would still be full recovery from fractured ankle and ligament damage in six and a half weeks