Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-29-2014, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
hmmmmph...

meh...

uh oh .. sorry flo .. but fighting a top 10 fighter is much different than fighting scrubs and looking good ...... robbie is gonna stop brown early and have another quick turnaround fight for the title
Old 05-30-2014, 02:28 AM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
uh oh .. sorry flo .. but fighting a top 10 fighter is much different than fighting scrubs and looking good ...... robbie is gonna stop brown early and have another quick turnaround fight for the title
I remember him also saying that Robbie and Johny played "pattycake"....let's see if he really wants to play that with Robbie.
Old 05-30-2014, 03:40 AM

This is absolute Bulls**t. Robbie should be fighting for the title. Matt looked good his last fight and deserves a higher ranked fighter but Robbie absolutely deserves to be fighting for that belt. One mistake, one lucky punch and Robbie is out of the hunt and will have to work his way back. He doesn't deserve that.

With that being said it will no doubt be a great fight and one I think Robbie takes without too much difficulty.
Old 05-30-2014, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
I remember him also saying that Robbie and Johny played "pattycake"....let's see if he really wants to play that with Robbie.
OK boys, I'm outnumbered on this one.

That said, I really want to see Robbie wearing the belt.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 05-31-2014, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
This is absolute Bulls**t. Robbie should be fighting for the title. Matt looked good his last fight and deserves a higher ranked fighter but Robbie absolutely deserves to be fighting for that belt. One mistake, one lucky punch and Robbie is out of the hunt and will have to work his way back. He doesn't deserve that.

With that being said it will no doubt be a great fight and one I think Robbie takes without too much difficulty.
I don't know. I think its hard to make the case that Robbie should get another title shot after just one win. Normally that happens with champions who are dethroned but Robbie wasn't the champ. However, Matt Brown has been on a win streak and its hard to deny Matt a title shot, so Robbie facing Matt makes sense to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big Robbie fan and I want him to win, but this plan just seems to make a lot of sense to me.
Old 06-03-2014, 04:15 PM

I'm going to agree with Irish on this one.... I'd like to see this fight just for the action and energy these two will deliver...

I'm with Robbie by mid round KO, but it's good to see people who bring it squaring off. Brown needs THIS test to see if he's all of that. Robbie knocks him out early, next fight is Hendricks... It doesn't matter who jumps in the picture, not even GSP.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:19 PM
Stump Rules!

Is anyone going to this?

http://stumpdotcom.com/