Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 06-03-2014, 06:00 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default US Administration conducts Prisoner Release Trade

I am a little puzzled by whats going on in the US concerning a missing in action military person who then turned up as a hostage...and how the US have actually agreed to release five terrorists in return for him.

Do we assume that Barack Obama would approve of Nigeria releasing Boko Haram Prisoners in order to reclaim the hostage school girls....?
Old 06-04-2014, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post

I am a little puzzled by whats going on in the US concerning a missing in action military person who then turned up as a hostage...and how the US have actually agreed to release five terrorists in return for him.

Do we assume that Barack Obama would approve of Nigeria releasing Boko Haram Prisoners in order to reclaim the hostage school girls....?
It's astounding and very troubling that these five high-level Taliban leaders associated to Al Qaeda would be released like this and without the 30-day notice to Congress. The question begs, why now, why was this rammed thru as it was? Some say it was for political reasons, to get the VA scandal thrown off the front pages, and it very well could be the case. They are reporting that the Pentagon knew early on that Bergdahl did desert his post, and that special forces knew where he was being held, but the Pentagon didn't want to risk any more American lives in a rescue operation, or any aftermath, for a deserter. At least six people had already died looking for him, two from Bergdahl's own platoon.

Bergdahl's fellow soldiers are saying he deliberately walked away and deserted his post. They are very upset that he would be touted as a hero and POW "captured on the battlefield" as the Obama administration had Susan Rice put out on the Sunday shows when they know the true story of how he deserted them and that their brothers were killed looking for him. I also found it disturbing to see Bergdahl's father displayed like a Taliban with beard and clothing, speaking the language, at press conference(s), and I heard he "thanked Allah"...very disturbing. I understand his parents' joy in his return but what about the men who died looking for him and their parents' loss and grief, made even more difficult knowing their sons died for someone who deserted his post.

On one of the programs I watch an inside source very close in the administration was quoted as saying President Obama knows he's not going to accomplish his goals at this point, and the public's approval doesn't matter anymore so he's going to do what HE wants to do. I thought that's what he's been doing, damn Congress, damn the Constitution, damn the law. He and his whole administration have been flouting the law pretty consistently from the get-go of him being sworn in to Office so this is just one more unlawful act to add to the growing pile.

Any other President would most probably have been brought up on impeachment before now, but that's never going to happen with this President, no matter what he does and he knows it. In their partisanship, our Congress, the representatives of the people, have failed us miserably and to our detriment by allowing a president to act so unilaterally, as well as the Justice Dept. I don't know who is the bigger threat to us right now, terrorists, or these self-involved bloodsuckers known as our President and Congress who seem to have forgotten the oaths they took to preserve, protect, defend and support the Constitution of the United States of America.

Last edited by Bonnie; 06-04-2014 at 06:18 PM.
Old 06-05-2014, 05:26 PM

it was a good trade off .. obama basically cut off the head of the snake by killing bin laden ... sure aq will re-build, but its not like these genius' they let go will move things along well for them ...
Old 06-05-2014, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
it was a good trade off .. obama basically cut off the head of the snake by killing bin laden ... sure aq will re-build, but its not like these genius' they let go will move things along well for them ...
Five high-level Taliban for a deserter. Those guys were handpicked for release by the Taliban for a reason. That's another thing that makes this even more astounding, not only are we now making deals with terrorists, we're letting them dictate the terms. Our President just gave terrorists even more incentive to kidnap Americans. He's put a bounty on the heads of every American within reach. And now, he's talking about releasing another one. He wants to close GITMO before his time is up. That time can't come soon enough!

After a year, these five will be allowed to return to Afghanistan, if they aren't already there yet. Who do you think their target will be? If they kill any Americans, THAT will be Obama's legacy.

Last edited by Bonnie; 06-06-2014 at 05:47 AM.
Old 06-06-2014, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Five high-level Taliban for a deserter. Those guys were handpicked for release by the Taliban for a reason. That's another thing that makes this even more astounding, not only are we now making deals with terrorists, we're letting them dictate the terms. Our President just gave terrorists even more incentive to kidnap Americans. He's put a bounty on the heads of every American within reach. And now, he's talking about releasing another one. He wants to close GITMO before his time is up. That time can't come soon enough!

After a year, these five will be allowed to return to Afghanistan, if they aren't already there yet. Who do you think their target will be? If they kill any Americans, THAT will be Obama's legacy.
and if he didn't do it, aq would have beheaded this guy, said america had the chance to save him and the right would have been saying, see, benghazi wasn't a fluke, obama doesn't care about americans .. he let this guy die and his family had to see him beheaded on al jazeera
Old 06-07-2014, 05:50 AM

Quote:
and if he didn't do it, aq would have beheaded this guy, said america had the chance to save him and the right would have been saying, see, benghazi wasn't a fluke, obama doesn't care about americans .. he let this guy die and his family had to see him beheaded on al jazeera
He didn't have to do this prisoner exchange to get Bergdahl back; they've reported that this particular group of the Haqqani Network holding Bergdahl originally requested money that they didn't ask for a prisoner exchange. RNC, this wasn't about getting Bergdahl back, he just happened to be a "useful tool" for Obama, the excuse used to release these five. The President's own words in Brussels, yesterday, June 5, "We saw an opportunity, and we seized it..." Obama wants to close GITMO, the Bergdahl swap served his purpose towards that end. If Obama was so concerned about not leaving a man behind, he would have sent special forces in a long time ago instead of waiting five years; they knew where he was being held.

Obama has shown over and over again who he really cares about, and what he really thinks of America. Something him and Bowe Bergdahl appear to have in common.

Last edited by Bonnie; 06-07-2014 at 06:40 AM.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:16 PM

Quote:
He didn't have to do this prisoner exchange to get Bergdahl back; they've reported that this particular group of the Haqqani Network holding Bergdahl originally requested money that they didn't ask for a prisoner exchange. RNC, this wasn't about getting Bergdahl back, he just happened to be a "useful tool" for Obama, the excuse used to release these five. The President's own words in Brussels, yesterday, June 5, "We saw an opportunity, and we seized it..." Obama wants to close GITMO, the Bergdahl swap served his purpose towards that end. If Obama was so concerned about not leaving a man behind, he would have sent special forces in a long time ago instead of waiting five years; they knew where he was being held.

Obama has shown over and over again who he really cares about, and what he really thinks of America. Something him and Bowe Bergdahl appear to have in common.
change the channel, put down the remote and step away from the TV .. you are watching waaaaay too much fox news ...

obama has done more for the security of the US than bush and clinton combined ... he has actually shown that the US is willing to use more than just force to fix a problem and has gained respect throughout the world .. sure, there are some nuts (cough putin cough) who think they can push the US now, but i think obama did a great job with his sanctions on russia on the ukraine thing than anything else would have done ... israel is safer too imo ... sorry, but the far right movement is killing the republican's chances of ever having a chance ... in fact, the far right movement stance on capital punishment, gay marriage, gun ownership make them closely resemble third world islamic nations and other nations who have poor human rights issues .. which is actually quite funny when you think about it ..
Old 06-10-2014, 01:03 AM

Quote:
change the channel, put down the remote and step away from the TV .. you are watching waaaaay too much fox news ...

obama has done more for the security of the US than bush and clinton combined ... he has actually shown that the US is willing to use more than just force to fix a problem and has gained respect throughout the world .. sure, there are some nuts (cough putin cough) who think they can push the US now, but i think obama did a great job with his sanctions on russia on the ukraine thing than anything else would have done ... israel is safer too imo ... sorry, but the far right movement is killing the republican's chances of ever having a chance ... in fact, the far right movement stance on capital punishment, gay marriage, gun ownership make them closely resemble third world islamic nations and other nations who have poor human rights issues .. which is actually quite funny when you think about it ..
Have you been talking to my sisters! They've told me I watch too much news.

I agree with some of what you've said there, but no way do I feel that we're safer under President Obama, us or the rest of the world, or that we are more respected now. And yeah, the right do seem to keep shooting themselves in the foot.
Old 06-10-2014, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Have you been talking to my sisters! They've told me I watch too much news.

I agree with some of what you've said there, but no way do I feel that we're safer under President Obama, us or the rest of the world, or that we are more respected now. And yeah, the right do seem to keep shooting themselves in the foot.
your sisters are smart!

i honestly don't think it is healthy to back one party blindly, and i haven't been paying a lot of attention to some of the news lately .... do i think obama is doing a great job? no .. i think he can be doing a better job ... but i think he is doing a good job ... it is tough to gauge how he will be seen historically .. i think in 8-10 years or so, he will be seen as an upper middle of the pack pres ... but realistically he is more mid-middle of the pack ...
Old 06-10-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:
your sisters are smart!

i honestly don't think it is healthy to back one party blindly, and i haven't been paying a lot of attention to some of the news lately .... do i think obama is doing a great job? no .. i think he can be doing a better job ... but i think he is doing a good job ... it is tough to gauge how he will be seen historically .. i think in 8-10 years or so, he will be seen as an upper middle of the pack pres ... but realistically he is more mid-middle of the pack ...
I agree, that's how these guys keep getting elected over and over, people aren't paying attention, they're lazy and apathetic, and it's hurting our country.

I'm not happy with the President or the Congress, they're both being obstructive and destructive.