Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 05-01-2014, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
maybe he could have done all of those ... i know that from our end, the delay on the pipeline is a good idea .. unless you live out west ... our gov't needs to look more at the environmental issues with the oil sands .. but that's another story ..

and i understand your outlook, but i think most of it is fear mongering of the right to its voters and well, those on the fence .. imo, the US is safer now than it was under clinton and bush ... i think the fact that obama is not acting unilaterially like his predecessors, the US is gaining respect from its allies .. the enemies are always going to hate the US, can't increase that .. but with more respect from allies, more countries will be willing to help the US out with Obama's tactics ...
I thought Canada wanted the pipeline to go thru, but from what you say, people are divided as some here. Yesterday, in Lynchburg, VA, there was another train derailment of tanker cars carrying crude oil. Between March of last year and February this year, not including yesterday's accident, there have been eight (8) major rail accidents of tanker cars carrying crude oil. There is going to be risks with anything manmade, but if it's safer to transport the oil by pipeline versus by rail, I'd think environmentalists would prefer the safer option. It's way past time for the U.S. to become energy independent.

I don't see how the U.S. is gaining respect, I think the exact opposite is happening under Obama's non-leadership. How can they possibly respect a U.S. President, a Commander in Chief who leaves his citizens unprotected on foreign soil and then when they are being attacked, he does NOTHING to help them! And still no one has been arrested and brought to justice for the murder of an American Ambassador and three others in Benghazi. How do our allies respect that, or when he draws a red line then doesn't back it up? He's famous for, "There will be consequences"...for Benghazi, for Syria, for the IRS, for Putin. It's just empty words. I don't see how that kind of leadership gains respect.

Last edited by Bonnie; 05-01-2014 at 10:34 PM.
Old 05-12-2014, 05:03 PM

Wow, this thread got derailed. Back to the original issue, gay rights activists will not stop until they have taken away any and all rights of those who disagree with their lifestyle. They no doubt have an agenda to destroy the rights of others as well as destroy the institution of marriage. If you don't believe it, click the link below to hear one of their own state these very claims.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9M0xcs2Vw4
Old 05-12-2014, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN1 View Post
Wow, this thread got derailed. Back to the original issue, gay rights activists will not stop until they have taken away any and all rights of those who disagree with their lifestyle. They no doubt have an agenda to destroy the rights of others as well as destroy the institution of marriage. If you don't believe it, click the link below to hear one of their own state these very claims.

nah .. homosexuals just want to be treated the same as everyone else ... they are not trying to take away peoples rights to anything ... they just want equality .. it will take some time .. but it will happen ...

on the weekend michael sam was the first openly gay player to get drafted in the nfl .. after he got drafted, he gave his boyfriend a peck ... LOL .. the ••••storm it caused ...
Old 05-12-2014, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
nah .. homosexuals just want to be treated the same as everyone else ... they are not trying to take away peoples rights to anything ... they just want equality .. it will take some time .. but it will happen ...

on the weekend michael sam was the first openly gay player to get drafted in the nfl .. after he got drafted, he gave his boyfriend a peck ... LOL .. the ••••storm it caused ...
Did you watch the video I posted? Her statements went much farther than just equality!

Last edited by CAVEMAN1; 05-12-2014 at 06:53 PM.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Did you watch the video I posted? Her statements went much farther than just equality!
i don't know how the views of this person reflects the views of all gay people tho ...
Old 05-13-2014, 07:23 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:

"one of their own"

I think there are two different groupings in this...there is what is known as "the scene" which is what you might see on the streets of some of your cities at certain points of the year...These are often heavily associated with something known as "The Pride" movement...which is not to be confused with some of the fetish clubs which also meet...The difference between the two is that the latter exists for members, and caters only for members...so whilst they might appear in public its unlikely anyone not involved would ever come across them...The former are a militant group who parade, deliberately, and publicly through the streets, flaunting themselves, and trying to attract the attention of heterosexuals...they only exist to try and assert some kind of dominance over everyone else. They do this because they have been bullied by moralists that should know better...YOU don't change people by condemning them...all you do is make them bitter, angry and dangerous...The churches are primarily responsible for the Pride movement...its a counter culture...a response to people like YOU. In effect, what you see is a reflection of what you have created by not bringing the love of GOD to those who desperately need it...but rather, have acted cruelly towards, have scorned, and have made them feel sub-human by your holier then thou attitude.

You may want to remember that, since you feel so strongly about it...that this is a monster of your own making.

In the same way, there are those who would quietly campaign for equality, usually not because they want to destroy marriage...but because they want the law to be applied to them as if they were married...which matters, mostly, when one of the pair die...those are not likely to be the ones that make all the noise though.

The final section simply don't care, they don't care about your moral views on them, and they don't care about marriage, be it heterosexual or otherwise