Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 02-12-2014, 04:36 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
Dave be nice to NateR!
I knew Dave wouldn't like anything I have to say on this topic; but that's not going to stop me from sharing what I believe. If Dave wants to use cyberbullying tactics, then I'll just ignore him.

Anyways, my conscience is clear because I have not said anything in this thread that I do not believe can be backed up by Scripture. Since the Bible is the absolute authority in the Christian faith and it overrules everything else (including the teachings of the Church and every person within the Church), then that's all that matters.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:53 AM
Stump Rules!

So how did Catholics...come to be in the way that they are if it wasn't from scripture? I know it's off topic but hey, it's my thread

I'm really curious though...and confused

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 02-12-2014, 09:08 AM

Wow, another Catholic-hating thread. Lovely to see the ignorance and prejudice on display once again.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 02-12-2014, 01:18 PM

Quote:
So how did Catholics...come to be in the way that they are if it wasn't from scripture? I know it's off topic but hey, it's my thread

I'm really curious though...and confused
its just interpretation of the bible .. the early roman catholic church interpreted the bible and justified their ways ... people now just don't question it .. just like later when the reform happened, people today don't question the interpretations of calvin and lutheran .. they are basically taking their word for scripture, which if you think about it, is a form of blasphemy
Old 02-12-2014, 02:27 PM
Stump Rules!

So generation after generation it's just handed down like a game of telephone? You know, where you whisper a story into someone's ear and they whisper it to the next person's ear as it gets around a room starts changing and by the time you get to the end it's a completely different story but because so and so started it, it must all be true...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
its just interpretation of the bible .. the early roman catholic church interpreted the bible and justified their ways ... people now just don't question it .. just like later when the reform happened, people today don't question the interpretations of calvin and lutheran .. they are basically taking their word for scripture, which if you think about it, is a form of blasphemy

Old 02-12-2014, 02:53 PM

Quote:
So generation after generation it's just handed down like a game of telephone? You know, where you whisper a story into someone's ear and they whisper it to the next person's ear as it gets around a room starts changing and by the time you get to the end it's a completely different story but because so and so started it, it must all be true...?
imo, that's pretty much it .. and it is the same in all religions ... for anyone to say they are right is laughable ... having faith is one thing, but to slag others because they have a different view is a joke ... religions are based on stories passed down from generation to generation .. stories change overtime .. to say you have the right version of what god intended is well, silly ..
Old 02-12-2014, 03:06 PM
Stump Rules!

Well, we should all be getting our information from the bible itself, not just repeating what Mom said. That's why I like a nondenom church, they teach from the bible and it's right there in your bible or look up to the screen, no doing the hokey pokey in those churches.

Quote:
imo, that's pretty much it .. and it is the same in all religions ... for anyone to say they are right is laughable ... having faith is one thing, but to slag others because they have a different view is a joke ... religions are based on stories passed down from generation to generation .. stories change overtime .. to say you have the right version of what god intended is well, silly ..

Old 02-12-2014, 05:12 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Ephesians 6:18
18Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
Anyone care to expand on this verse?
Old 02-12-2014, 05:27 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Wow, another Catholic-hating thread. Lovely to see the ignorance and prejudice on display once again.
I haven't felt any hate or animosity in this thread. (well, except from Dave towards Nate. lol) And obviously there is ignorance here, that is why Michelle made the thread. To ask questions and to learn. This is something that I will not deny that I am ignorant in. And even if I chose not to believe as Catholics believe that doesn't mean that I will try to condemn them for their beliefs.

Quote:
But that is what it is supposed to be about, isn't rnc? The bible tells you that you must read the word of God, build a relationship with Him, and be wary of false teachings, false prophets, etc. Are we not told by God to decide for ourselves the right way?

If there isn't a right way then why bother?

However, I do try to refrain from 'bashing' others for what they believe. And I don't think I could ever bring myself to say 'you are going to hell. you are worshipping wrong' etc. That's not my call. But I can decide the right way for myself!

And in a thread where you are discussing what the scripture says I think its fair to point out scripture and state why you believe the way you do without being called ignorant or hateful or being accused of bashing/slagging another religion.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:55 PM

I'm neither catholic nor Christian....but you shouldn't let that stop you...
we can get married any time you want.
well as long as my wife doesn't mind that is.

just don't tell Neezer...I think she has a thing for me.