Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 01-12-2014, 10:22 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Dave, Here is your first post in this thread:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
they are already condemned and headed for judgment. We're just warning them of what's coming for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Thankfully YOUR condemned and heading for judgement also

You see, as per usual...what you all forget is that GOD just sees Sin and Perfection. GOD makes no distinguishment between a homosexual and a liar, or someone who is deceitful.

Do you still tell lies Nathan? After being saved...do you still dable in conceit? Is that not a life style of sin Nathan?

What is YOUR Sin Nathan? Do you brush things under the carpet? Do you care more about your reputation and those of your associates then you do about expressing the truth?

Face the truth if you are actually brave enough, and condemn yourself like you know you should. Only then will you see that you also need saving. Yes...far from being immune...you are standing shoulder to shoulder with all those rampent homosexuals.

Its a Good job that Christ died in my place, because heaven knows, that is the only way I get to heaven. Jesus knows what I have done to deserve death. "born in sin, come on in"

I think you should watch this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGyy0Z8AmOs
I don't understand this rant because Nate never claimed to be sinless, never claimed that he would not face judgment, and never said that he didn't need Jesus for his salvation.

And why did you cut out the rest of Nate's post?

Nate's original post

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Paul did it, the Apostle John did it, the Old Testament prophets did it; but most importantly, Jesus said who would go to heaven and who would go to hell. Since Jesus is the example we follow as Christians, then there is nothing wrong with proclaiming the truth of what the Bible says on this subject.

It's not about homosexuals specifically not going to heaven, it's about unrepentant sinners who refuse to recognize their need for salvation. Those are the people who are going to hell and there is nothing wrong with telling them that.

As long as we keep our personal opinions out of it and stick with Scripture, then it's not judging or condemning those people, because they are already condemned and headed for judgment. We're just warning them of what's coming for them.
This really makes it look like you are searching for any reason (even if you have to edit his post to create a reason) to attack Nathan.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:30 PM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:
No, its true. If the wages of sin, any sin, in the eyes of GOD is death, then the only thing that is "good enough" is perfection. "Be Holy, for I Am Holy" is something he says a lot in the old testament. We CAN NOT be Holy, and only Holy will do.

Thats why we need Saving, and why we stand no chance alone.

Therefore from a Judgement point of view. Your either Sinful or Perfect. This is why noone can pass positively through Judgement without Christ having effectively relieved the person of the due sentance of death.

...and actually, when talking about sin...a lot of people do seem to forget that we all fall short of perfection, and so to rattle on about whose sin is the worse and things like that is a nonsence.

Unless of course you or Nathan is perfect. This is why when we tell people about sin, we should explain it, using this truth, rather then simply condemning. All basically stand condemned, but not all will suffer the penalty for that sin...and the reason thats the case IS the Gospel and why Christ is so important...that reason is the most important thing to remember in the universe.
You are the only one in this thread who has tried to compare one sin to another.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:05 PM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post

Neezy, below is the section of the article where Phil is answering the question he is asked by the writer, "What, in your mind, is sinful?", and then he paraphrases from 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, what Paul is stating to the Corinthian Christians:
btw, I've changed my mind on this. As much as I read about this in the news, Bonnie's post is the first time/place where I saw the question that the reporter actually asked. I think every thing I had read was really taken out of context.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:17 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 01-14-2014, 02:45 AM

Quote:
1) Chuck, there are some people on this forum [I]who believe just having same sexed attraction, not only makes you sinful, but means you cant be a Christian.
Then address your post to them rather than ignorantly lumping everyone who disagrees with you into the same category.

Quote:
This is a warfare subject for me, because people with no knowledge of homosexuals, their actions, the stigma attached to it, the feelings, and the hurt and division it can create in their own families, somehow ARE able to spout a lot of cruel and hurtful things.
Yeah we get it. You're hurt because you're not a mod of the CSection anymore. Take it up with Nate or better yet, forgive him and get over it. No offense to Nate or anybody else but if you're STILL hurt over not moderating a dead section of a dying forum you've got issues. Look around bro... there's nobody here. Who are you going to moderate????

Quote:
Well, I am through putting up with that. So everytime someone rattles on about Homosexuality, I will shine the mirror in their face...
Yeah that's Biblical............................

Quote:
...because it makes YOU feel a lot like how I feel when people like Nathan say things to me, that, may be truthful...but the delivery is shockingly appalling.
No.... it really doesn't.

Quote:
What would people think if it came out that Matt Hughes has a gay guy moderating his Christian Section.
Well Dave I guess that depends on the definition of Gay. If you mean a born again Christian who struggle with SSA I think it'd be fine. If you mean an unrepentant Christian or a carnal Christian who lives with one foot in the gay lifestyle and one foot in Christianity then I think that's be wrong.

Quote:
Nathan made me feel like a dirty little secret that needed to be silenced.
Nobody can make you feel anything Dave. If you're still hurt because of something Nate did then follow Scripture. Either confront him in LOVE and share your hurt or begin praying for him until your heart softens and you can forgive him.

I don't know all the details of your little quarrel with Nate and to be honest I really don't care BUT if I were to take a stab at it I'd be willing to bet that you're no longer a Moderator because you lack objectivity and like in this thread you have a way of bullying people and making every single thread, comment or discussion about you.

Dave you're the bride at every wedding and the corpse at every funeral. Everything has to be about you. I believe that my friend is the problem.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:14 AM
Hughes fanboy

I love you Dave, and I think you are a great man and you've given me a lot of inspiration in my Christian walk. So has Chuck, Nate and many others here as welln(even you RNC). Keep up the good work brother.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 01-14-2014, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
I love you Dave, and I think you are a great man and you've given me a lot of inspiration in my Christian walk. So has Chuck, Nate and many others here as welln(even you RNC). Keep up the good work brother.
What Vizion said.

Yes, even RNC...

(just kidding, I kid!!)

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 01-14-2014, 07:43 PM

i'm feeling the love!!!
Old 01-15-2014, 06:16 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Soli Deo gloria

Ad majorem Dei gloriam

Amor Et Fides

Old 01-17-2014, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
What Vizion said.

Yes, even RNC...

(just kidding, I kid!!)