Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 01-07-2014, 01:07 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Gotcha. We see this one differently but that's cool. Always room for differing opinions on this forum that's for sure. LOL
What do you see differently? Do you think it is okay for us to say who is going to heaven and who won't?
Old 01-07-2014, 03:19 AM
LESS TALK MORE ACTION

http://youtu.be/eyL1xha_1aU
The world could use more of this guy. I don't think he was condemning anyone. How do you spread Gods word and save people without telling them they aren't living according to his word?
Old 01-07-2014, 12:17 PM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNESSEAN View Post
http://youtu.be/eyL1xha_1aU
The world could use more of this guy. I don't think he was condemning anyone. How do you spread Gods word and save people without telling them they aren't living according to his word?
The Duck Dynasty guy stated that they would not go to heaven.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
What do you see differently? Do you think it is okay for us to say who is going to heaven and who won't?
Paul did it, the Apostle John did it, the Old Testament prophets did it; but most importantly, Jesus said who would go to heaven and who would go to hell. Since Jesus is the example we follow as Christians, then there is nothing wrong with proclaiming the truth of what the Bible says on this subject.

It's not about homosexuals specifically not going to heaven, it's about unrepentant sinners who refuse to recognize their need for salvation. Those are the people who are going to hell and there is nothing wrong with telling them that.

As long as we keep our personal opinions out of it and stick with Scripture, then it's not judging or condemning those people, because they are already condemned and headed for judgment. We're just warning them of what's coming for them.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:52 PM

Here's the full GQ article if anyone wants to read it. I saw nothing "vile or hateful" in what Phil said.

http://www.gq.com/entertainment/tele...#ixzz2nrsRMnhy

Quote:
The Duck Dynasty guy stated that they would not go to heaven.
Neezy, below is the section of the article where Phil is answering the question he is asked by the writer, "What, in your mind, is sinful?", and then he paraphrases from 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, what Paul is stating to the Corinthian Christians:

Quote:
1 Cor 6:9-10:

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.
From the article:

Quote:
What, in your mind, is sinful?

“Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men,” he says. Then he paraphrases Corinthians: “Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”

Quote:
Quote:
As far as Phil is concerned, he was literally born again. Old Phil—the guy with the booze and the pills—died a long time ago, and New Phil sees no need to apologize for him: “We never, ever judge someone on who’s going to heaven, hell. That’s the Almighty’s job. We just love ’em, give ’em the good news about Jesus—whether they’re homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort ’em out later, you see what I’m saying?”

Last edited by Bonnie; 01-07-2014 at 08:12 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:49 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
they are already condemned and headed for judgment. We're just warning them of what's coming for them.
Thankfully YOUR condemned and heading for judgement also

You see, as per usual...what you all forget is that GOD just sees Sin and Perfection. GOD makes no distinguishment between a homosexual and a liar, or someone who is deceitful.

Do you still tell lies Nathan? After being saved...do you still dable in conceit? Is that not a life style of sin Nathan?

What is YOUR Sin Nathan? Do you brush things under the carpet? Do you care more about your reputation and those of your associates then you do about expressing the truth?

Face the truth if you are actually brave enough, and condemn yourself like you know you should. Only then will you see that you also need saving. Yes...far from being immune...you are standing shoulder to shoulder with all those rampent homosexuals.

Its a Good job that Christ died in my place, because heaven knows, that is the only way I get to heaven. Jesus knows what I have done to deserve death. "born in sin, come on in"

I think you should watch this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGyy0Z8AmOs
Old 01-07-2014, 09:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post

You see, as per usual...what you all forget is that GOD just sees Sin and Perfection. GOD makes no distinguishment between a homosexual and a liar, or someone who is deceitful.

Do you still tell lies Nathan? After being saved...do you still dable in conceit? Is that not a life style of sin Nathan?

What is YOUR Sin Nathan? Do you brush things under the carpet? Do you care more about your reputation and those of your associates then you do about expressing the truth?

Face the truth if you are actually brave enough, and condemn yourself like you know you should. Only then will you see that you also need saving. Yes...far from being immune...you are standing shoulder to shoulder with all those rampent homosexuals.

Its a Good job that Christ died in my place, because heaven knows, that is the only way I get to heaven. Jesus knows what I have done to deserve death. "born in sin, come on in"

Actually, as a born-again believer in Jesus Christ, I'm not. Christ has already paid the price of my sins for me and saved me from the condemnation that I totally deserve. I've never claimed to be sinless under any circumstances; so the entirety of your posts is absolute nonsense.

But it's nice to know that you are not above passing judgment on others when you don't have all the facts, based solely on your own faulty assumptions. So, pot meet kettle, I guess.

I'm not afraid to be attacked for proclaiming the truth of the Bible. If that truth makes you feel bad about yourself, then obviously that's exactly how you should be feeling right now.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:51 AM
LESS TALK MORE ACTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post

Dave no one is condemning anyone. Nate and Phil was making the same point. Nates a sinner Phil's a sinner I am we all are. Your sins are no worse than mine, nates or Phil's. We're all the same, but here's tha good news! We can all be forgiven. It's the same for everyone no matter what you've done.
Old 01-08-2014, 04:28 AM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Here's the full GQ article if anyone wants to read it. I saw nothing "vile or hateful" in what Phil said.

http://www.gq.com/entertainment/tele...#ixzz2nrsRMnhy

Neezy, below is the section of the article where Phil is answering the question he is asked by the writer, "What, in your mind, is sinful?", and then he paraphrases from 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, what Paul is stating to the Corinthian Christians:

From the article:
Thanks for posting that, Bonnie. I don't see any problem with quoting the bible.
Old 01-08-2014, 04:29 AM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Paul did it, the Apostle John did it, the Old Testament prophets did it; but most importantly, Jesus said who would go to heaven and who would go to hell. Since Jesus is the example we follow as Christians, then there is nothing wrong with proclaiming the truth of what the Bible says on this subject.
Does the bible not tell us not to judge others?