Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 12-30-2013, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
That's your opinion and mine is different. If PPV numbers were an issue, then why did this fight cost more, to make up for crappy numbers or because this fight was going to sell? My guess, probably both.

You can make this argument about many current and former champions: BJ Penn and Chuck Liddell are two examples. They are both considered legends and some of the greatest of all time, yet they didn't fight the world's best either and if they did they lost. It's not the fighters fault, it is the landscape of the UFC and the divisions at the time and you just accept it. Guys like GSP and Jones are benefiting from having deep divisions. Cain is about to run into the same issue as guys like BJ, there are not enough good HWs to give him a challenge. But that is just the way it is.
yeah .. its just my opinion .. imo, dana does what's best for the ufc making money, so promoting certain fighters he thinks are going to be lucrative for the ufc is what he is going to do ... look at the last card .. rousy got fotn, which she probably deserved, but he also gave her sub of the night .. it was a good sub, but wasn't anything special ... jim miller imo, subbing a bjj black belt again was more impressive ... but now dana can say she is a sub of the night and fight of the night winner, just to give the women's division more promotion
Old 12-30-2013, 06:10 PM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
yeah .. its just my opinion .. imo, dana does what's best for the ufc making money, so promoting certain fighters he thinks are going to be lucrative for the ufc is what he is going to do ... look at the last card .. rousy got fotn, which she probably deserved, but he also gave her sub of the night .. it was a good sub, but wasn't anything special ... jim miller imo, subbing a bjj black belt again was more impressive ... but now dana can say she is a sub of the night and fight of the night winner, just to give the women's division more promotion
Agree, the UFC is a business and it is run that way more than a sport. I think Ronda got sub of the night because it was a bigger name whom she subbed. You are right, Miller's is more impressive when looking at credentials and also the fact that we all knew the armbar was coming from Ronda.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:45 PM
Student of the Sport

Update on Anderson:
They had a conference call with the surgeon that fixed Anderson's leg. He had a titanium rod placed in his tibia which will increase the strength and help it heal. They expect it to take 3-6 months to heal and should have no orthopedic issues. The doctor believes that Anderson can start training in 6-9 months.

Anderson is in the hospital still and is expected there a few more days.

And the best news....he keeps asking the doctor IF and WHEN he can start training again
Old 12-31-2013, 12:44 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
.And the best news....he keeps asking the doctor IF and WHEN he can start training again
His next question was to Dana White: "Are there be more tomato can can you bring me for present when I back"?

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 12-31-2013, 03:53 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Old 01-01-2014, 03:17 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

He had an unforgettable moment the day after aswell
Old 01-02-2014, 03:18 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
He had an unforgettable moment the day after aswell
That's kinda the point, Dave. Guy says "Break a leg, not yours", and 24hrs later...yeah...
Old 01-02-2014, 06:02 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
That's kinda the point, Dave. Guy says "Break a leg, not yours", and 24hrs later...yeah...
Erm...Look what SILVA said not what the other guy said...there are two points

Silva said "Today I lived an unforgettable moment"

He was just as prophetic as the other guy...except maybe not so clear