probably not in the same spot.

Oh, well, in that case...
Old 12-29-2013, 05:42 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Oh, well, in that case...
They used to say that a break heals back stronger than normal bone. However, now they say that is a myth. It usually is stronger at some point during the healing process. But once you are weight bearing again then it should all be the same, no more or less likely to break than any other area.
Old 12-29-2013, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
wow.. i never thought it would end like that. Poor Silva. Prayers. Can't even really care about anyone who won, lost, etc. Can only think about the injury Silva took. :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
I feel absolutely awful for Anderson. This was a nasty injury and likely the end for him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
Sad for Anderson. I was rooting for Chris, but I didn't want to see Chris get the win like that.
Same here, guys.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 12-29-2013, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Why a career ender?
Since his leg literally broke apart, it will be hard to heal both bones and at 38, the strength of his leg and its vulnerability would come into question.

Just my guess, I may be wrong!

Last edited by flo; 12-29-2013 at 06:07 AM.
Old 12-29-2013, 05:55 AM
Student of the Sport

Dana just announced Rousey/Mcmann is next! Going to fight in Feb.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:09 AM

Meisha Tate is spending the entire presser looking down at her phone and texting. She answered a question, then put the mike down and continued texting. Dana looks peeved. Bet she doesn't do it again if she's in another presser...

Old 12-29-2013, 06:21 AM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Meisha Tate is spending the entire presser looking down at her phone and texting. She answered a question, then put the mike down and continued texting. Dana looks peeved. Bet she doesn't do it again if she's in another presser...
I think it is starting to sink in for her at the press conference that she is kinda in a limbo state now. She is a long way from a title shot with Rousey as champ. She has to basically hope Ronda loses or retires.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:24 AM
Student of the Sport

They are saying that Anderson cracked his shin with the first kick and completely broke it on the second. I have no way of knowing, but I would think it would be hard to throw another hard kick if you already hurt it, but who knows.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:32 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Well...I think that is the end of that

When one looks at how GSP and Anderson Silva are today, Its a wonder any of the other Fighters want to be long reigning Champions they both met grisly ends in their own way...Georges has his mind scrambled, and Anderson has his leg scrambled...

I wonder, if in the back of their minds...somewhere a little voice is saying to Jon Jones and Jose Aldo right now "that will be you one day"

I personally think that some of this has to do with age, and the punishment already taken...and what it goes to show is there seems to be an tipping point...because their opponents are so well trained, there isnt any easy way to fail without getting really hurt in the process

It appears to me, its almost better to have a reasonable length reign, fail, and then work your way back up to a second reign...I think that the instant rematches, whilst often deserved, dont allow for the pressure to be reduced between matches, and I think that raises the stakes.

In terms of Anderson Silva...you have to ask, was there some weakness in his bones, or did he not perform the kick properly..? I mean, thats not supposed to happen is it
Old 12-29-2013, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
It appears to me, its almost better to have a reasonable length reign, fail, and then work your way back up to a second reign...I think that the instant rematches, whilst often deserved, dont allow for the pressure to be reduced between matches, and I think that raises the stakes.
Great point, Dave.

But then again - like with A&E - it's all about the money.