Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 12-29-2013, 01:25 AM

Gleison Tibau vs. Michael Johnson

Round 1:
Yves Levigne is the referee for this lightweight fight. Lots of movement, circling, and throwing but missing from both in the opening minute. Johnson lands a right to the midsection and Tibau just misses a big right. Tibau bulls Johnson into the fence. Johnson escapes and were back to center octagon. Midway through. Johnson connects with a right hand. Tibau scampers backwards and throws a two-punch combo. Johnson sprawls a takedown attempt. Final minute. Again with a takedown attempt and again Johnson sprawls, though he ends up pinned against the fence. Round ends in a clinch.

Round 2:
More of the same to start the round, Johnson moving in and out and occasional throwing a jab. Out of nowhere, Johnson drops Tibau with a left to the jaw. A huge right hand to the grounded Tibau and its all over as Levigne steps in.

Michael Johnson def. Gleison Tibau via second-round KO (1:32)

Wow! I picked Tibau in my predictions but that was a beautiful KO by Johnson!

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 12-29-2013, 01:54 AM

Chris Leben vs. Uriah Hall

Round 1:
Steve Mazzagatti is the referee for this middleweight fight. Hall comes running out and immediately drops Leben with a flying knee. Not enough to knock him out though, As Leben pops right up. Hall is making Leben chase him. Hall comes in and throws another knee. Leben connects with a left hand. Leben with a low kick. Hall keeps circling backwards and waiting to counter. Hall connects with a right. Leben is cut under his right eye. They clinch. Hall blocks a knee and lands one of his own before they break. Hall with a front kick. Hall flicks a left, Leben fans on a big right. Two minutes left. Hall clearly looking to tire Leben out. This continues for most of the rest of the round. Hall drops him with a big right in the closing seconds, Leban is saved by the bell. The fight is waved off between rounds.

Uriah Hall def. Chris Leben via TKO at 5:00 of round one.

I think that was a good choice by Chris and his corner. He looked very dazed and Uriah really pounded him in the closing minute.

Old 12-29-2013, 02:25 AM

Dustin Poirier vs. Diego Brandao

Round 1:
The referee for this one is Mario Yamasaki. No love lost between Poirier and Brandao after the Brazilian camd in eight pounds overweight. Poirier the early aggressor. Brandao coils back and lets a huge overhand right fly, which glances off of Poirier, but he's okay. They exchange leg kicks And again, Brandoa throws a bomb, this time a left, and Poirier blocks it with his arms. Poirier through straight neat jabs, and Brandao winging bombs. Poirier the more angular body, and so far he's using the length, throwing his punches down the boulevard. Big shot by Brandao momentarily drops Poirier, and the crowd lets up a whoop, but he's back to his feet. Poirier very steady and methodical. Using combos off the leg kicks. Brandao shoots for a double-leg, and scores it. Poirier scoots to fence where he's able to stand back up, and he lets fury fly. Here's a barrage on the fence! He is pummeling Brandao with his right hand. Yamasaki right there. Brandao surviving. Now he's eating hammerfists, one after another, and Yamasaki has seen enough. He steps in and Poirier gets the TKO!

UFC 168 official results: Dustin Poirier def. Diego Brandao via TKO (strikes) at 4:54

Old 12-29-2013, 02:44 AM

Jim Miller vs. Fabricio Camoes

Round 1:
Herb Dean the referee. Miller circling and lunges in with a right hand, which goes errange. Now Camoes ties him up on fence and looks for the trip. Nice little parting shot as they break from Miller. Camoes comes up top with head kick, but gets Miller's forearm. Now they plant and stand in, and both swing. Eat man eats a good punch. They do the same at the other side of the cage, and Miller might have taken the worst of that encounter. Inside leg kick from Miller, and Camoes comes over top with punch. Miller snatches him and puts him on the ground, and lands a couple of shots. Camoes up, and now he drags Miller down and goes to work in his guard. Short elbows from Camoes. Miller slips his leg over Camoes' shoulder and going for an armbar. He plies it hard. Crowd roaring. And there's the tap! Miller's jiu-jitsu shows up again, and trumps a great jiu-jitsu practitioner. Camoes walked away shaking his arm out. Might have done some damage.

Official UFC 168 results: Jim Miller def. Fabricio Camoes via submission (armbar) at 3:42 of R1.

Errange??? Whoever is doing the commentary over at mmafighting must be smoking something funny...Maybe I should do my own commentary but I'm pretty sure it would be amateurish to the nth (it was around 2 years before I knew the difference between an armbar and a kimura).

Old 12-29-2013, 02:55 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I think that was a good choice by Chris and his corner. He looked very dazed and Uriah really pounded him in the closing minute.
I was really impressed by the wisdom that Leben showed there. It felt very strange to watch though.
Quote:
Dustin Poirier vs. Diego Brandao

Round 1:
The referee for this one is Mario Yamasaki. No love lost between Poirier and Brandao after the Brazilian camd in eight pounds overweight. Poirier the early aggressor. Brandao coils back and lets a huge overhand right fly, which glances off of Poirier, but he's okay. They exchange leg kicks And again, Brandoa throws a bomb, this time a left, and Poirier blocks it with his arms. Poirier through straight neat jabs, and Brandao winging bombs. Poirier the more angular body, and so far he's using the length, throwing his punches down the boulevard. Big shot by Brandao momentarily drops Poirier, and the crowd lets up a whoop, but he's back to his feet. Poirier very steady and methodical. Using combos off the leg kicks. Brandao shoots for a double-leg, and scores it. Poirier scoots to fence where he's able to stand back up, and he lets fury fly. Here's a barrage on the fence! He is pummeling Brandao with his right hand. Yamasaki right there. Brandao surviving. Now he's eating hammerfists, one after another, and Yamasaki has seen enough. He steps in and Poirier gets the TKO!

UFC 168 official results: Dustin Poirier def. Diego Brandao via TKO (strikes) at 4:54
So stoked for Dustin! He came up through BJJ Revolution team, the same guys I train with!
Quote:
Jim Miller vs. Fabricio Camoes

Round 1:
Herb Dean the referee. Miller circling and lunges in with a right hand, which goes errange. Now Camoes ties him up on fence and looks for the trip. Nice little parting shot as they break from Miller. Camoes comes up top with head kick, but gets Miller's forearm. Now they plant and stand in, and both swing. Eat man eats a good punch. They do the same at the other side of the cage, and Miller might have taken the worst of that encounter. Inside leg kick from Miller, and Camoes comes over top with punch. Miller snatches him and puts him on the ground, and lands a couple of shots. Camoes up, and now he drags Miller down and goes to work in his guard. Short elbows from Camoes. Miller slips his leg over Camoes' shoulder and going for an armbar. He plies it hard. Crowd roaring. And there's the tap! Miller's jiu-jitsu shows up again, and trumps a great jiu-jitsu practitioner. Camoes walked away shaking his arm out. Might have done some damage.

Official UFC 168 results: Jim Miller def. Fabricio Camoes via submission (armbar) at 3:42 of R1.

Errange??? Whoever is doing the commentary over at mmafighting must be smoking something funny...Maybe I should do my own commentary but I'm pretty sure it would be amateurish to the nth (it was around 2 years before I knew the difference between an armbar and a kimura).
That was a really AWESOME armbar! I'm really looking forward to the Gracie Breakdown!!
Old 12-29-2013, 03:11 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

That was NASTY! Terrifying elbows from Browne!
Old 12-29-2013, 03:13 AM

Josh Barnett vs. Travis Browne

Round 1:
Third man in the cage is Yves Lavigne. Browne out with long strafing jabs. Barnett wrangles his neck and pushes him on fence, but they separate. Again the clinch, this time in the middle of the cage. Barnett covers up like a man in a storm and moves in cautiously for a take down and Browne lands a sharp, hard elbow to his temple. And another and another! Barnett is out, but Lavigne doesn't see it right off. He finally does and waves Browne off! Four hard shots to the temple as Barnett clung to the double-leg, and down dropped Barnett! Wow!

UFC 168 official results: Travis Browne def. Josh Barnett via TKO (elbows) at 1:00 of R1.

Bring on Travis vs Cain!

Old 12-29-2013, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post

So stoked for Dustin! He came up through BJJ Revolution team, the same guys I train with!

Cool, Ben!

Old 12-29-2013, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post

That was a really AWESOME armbar! I'm really looking forward to the Gracie Breakdown!!
I just LOVE the Miller brothers, so happy to see him get a big win, esp. over a BJJ guy. I couldn't tell just WHAT was going on there, I have to admit I was surprised when he tapped. Just amazing technique by Jim.

Old 12-29-2013, 03:54 AM

Ronda Rousey vs. Miesha Tate

Round 1:
Mario Yamasaki to ref this women's bantamweight championship bout. No glove touch. Just scowl. They come out swinging! Tate ate a good shot. Now Rousey working for a trip. Tate yields a little, but keeps on her feet. They are on fence, and Rousey slamming knees into Tate's thighs. Now Tate is on her back, and Rousey lands big shots. Rousey picks her up and wants to slam, but Tate goes for armbar. Now it's Tate getting top position. Rousey working on a triangle and pounding home fists to Tate, who is keeping her pressure on. Tate battling through the triangle attempt. For now anyway. Rousey rotating and trying to get a better purchase. And now Tate pops up and they swing! Big punches landing! Tate at first, and then she lands a big one on Rousey! Straight right. Rousey takes Tate back down and goes to work. Hammerfists, and Tate reverses! Rousey somersaults back up. And now Rousey with another take down as the crowd chants "MIESHA!" They are back up. Great first round. Back-and-forth action. Tate with blood coming out of her nose. And she will survive. Tate becomes the first fighter to reach the second round with Rousey.

Round 2:
Tate smiling as we start the second. And they meet at center and throw wild again. Rousey dumps Tate on her back and takes her time wading into guard. She lands a great upkick, and now a couple more. Wow. They stand, and Rousey trips Tate back down violently. Rousey again can't keep Tate down. Yet, no sooner does she get up (smiling) than Rousey grabs her leg and drives her down along the fence. Rousey landing short lefts to Tate's head. Now as Tate stands she throws knees into Tate's thighs. Posting Tate up, and working body shots.

Round 3:
Third round starts with both fighters meeting at center in an exchange, and Rousey pushes Tate to fence. Rousey now controlling the challenger, and she trips Tate down, but Tate rolls and nearly gets reverse.Rousey grabs Tate's leg below the knee and rolls her over. Now she snatches the arm again, this time cleanly and...boom, there it is! Rousey's eighth armbar in as many fights. Tate taps!

UFC 168 official results: Ronda Rousey def. Miesha Tate via submission (armbar) at :58 of R3