Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 12-15-2013, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
The best part of the call yesterday was Dana saying that Robbie got about as excited as Robbie can get when they gave him the shot.

I can just see that! Hilarious!

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 12-15-2013, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
i see the ww division having almost a new champ after every fight practically ... gsp is just on another level .. i can see robbie beating johnny, carlos beating robbie, johnny beating carlos and gsp coming back and taking the title .. lol
You really think he's coming back? At the end of his fight with Hendricks, he looked and sounded mentally beat. I've gotten the feeling from both GSP and Anderson that their hearts haven't been in it for a while.

Last edited by Bonnie; 12-15-2013 at 11:32 PM.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
You really think he's coming back? At the end of his fight with Hendricks, he looked and sounded mentally beat. I've gotten the feeling from both GSP and Anderson that their hearts haven't been in it for a while.
we'll have to see ... to me, when he was working his way up to the title, he was blasting guys ... had a totally different way of looking at things ... he never lost a three round fight before .... I think he is looking for that spark again ... let someone else have the title for a bit, take a year off and work your way back up ...
Old 12-16-2013, 10:29 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I dont think GSP is comming back...and I think Anderson Silvas future is tied up explicitly with the result of the next card at the end of the year...If he wins, I can see him being more serious, and more dedicated, and you'll be looking at best of three next....if he loooses, he's going to push for his purist boxing choices, and then subside into the past I reckon
Old 12-16-2013, 10:35 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
The best part of the call yesterday was Dana saying that Robbie got about as excited as Robbie can get when they gave him the shot.
He's actually increadibly shy, especially around people he doesnt know...and he doesnt much like being observed. I remember when I met him at the HIT Squad gym Naturally I was watching every move he made he kept giving anxious glances even when I was over the other side of the fascility

mindue, that was nearly five years ago now
Old 12-16-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
He's actually increadibly shy, especially around people he doesnt know...and he doesnt much like being observed. I remember when I met him at the HIT Squad gym Naturally I was watching every move he made he kept giving anxious glances even when I was over the other side of the fascility

LOL .. so much i can say .... it would have probably helped if you weren't looking at him like you were big baby davis
Old 12-16-2013, 03:45 PM
Student of the Sport

Quote:

I met Robbie a couple of years ago and he is very quiet and probably shy. I kept trying to make conversation, but I would get very little out of him.
Old 12-16-2013, 04:43 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
I bet Matt Pena is having kittens
Unfortunately, Pena found out the same day that a family member has Leukemia, so it was pretty bitter-sweet for him. We should all keep him & the whole Pena family in our prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dlee View Post
I love this so much. Getting belt put back around the waist of an MFS guy will be so awesome. If Robbie wins, my HIT Squad auto'd tshirt will be signed by 2 UFC WW Champs War RUTHLESS!!!! surely somebody can get the war tractor out of the garage for this.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post

Hey, flo: you think Robbie can get his own Quilt of Domination????
Old 12-16-2013, 04:51 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Btw, here's what popped up when I did a Google search for "Matt Hughes battle tractor":

But then this showed up & I felt like it fit Robbie a little better
Old 12-17-2013, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

Ben, you're too funny!

And Robbie may be quiet and shy but he has a great memory. He remembered my name after meeting me once, briefly, like a year prior. I was shocked and very impressed. I can't remember anyone's name from yesterday!

~Amy

My son made this for me: