Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 12-03-2013, 08:27 PM

Default :( Selling my Harley...

I've been deemed unfit to drive a motorcycle due to medical reasons; the brain damage from the accident I was in. Luckily the event that took place saved my life, or someone else.

Short story...
I had a blackout while approaching an intersection in a "one light town", and went right through while my light was red. The truck that was going on the green light barely missed me. When I noticed him beside me waiving his hands to pull over and honking his horn, I pulled over on the shoulder of the road.

I actually thought he liked the bike or something fell off of it. He asked why I ran the red light. I told him that I haven't even gotten into town yet. He pointed behind us and raised his voice "LOOK!!". I see the intersection...

I was extremely confused. The medical part of all this determines that the loud noises from outside traffic triggered an effect from the PTSD, and I'm no longer allowed to ride. Period.

So, sorry about the story, but I did want to explain.

Here is the bike info:

2014 Electra Glide Ultra Classic

Other than adding a LRS 12" light tinted windshield, this is a stock bike, 394 miles.. still looks brand new.

Two-tone Birch White/Midnight Blue
Security (two key fobs)
ABS
Communication headset
Side luggage bags (liners)
Rear luggage bag

If you are interested, please PM me here, or email me at jhutto75 [at] yahoo [dot] com.

It's an amazing bike and I love it. I hate that I have to sell it, but I understand why. If anyone has any questions, please reply. Pass this around to anyone that might be interested, it would help me and my family out.

-James
Old 12-03-2013, 09:54 PM

Ah, James, so sorry you're having to sell your bike. BUT, I'm so glad you and the other driver are okay...God definitely wants you here, friend!

Sounds like it's a new bike (2014), how long have you had it? Are you on Facebook? If you are, I bet you might get some hits if you posted the pictures on there--if you haven't already done it. My niece posted pics of items my sister was selling recently on her FB page and they went like THAT!

I bet someone will snap it up especially before Christmas.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:52 PM

Gosh James, I'm so sorry to hear that! But you are making the wise decision, I'm sure your family agrees.

Hope you continue to improve from that devastating accident...

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 12-04-2013, 12:56 AM

Thank you both. Yeah, I've put it on facebook. It's a brand new bike... It's only been ridden three times. I only had it two weeks before this happened, and that was three weeks ago. It's barely past a month old. :(
Old 12-04-2013, 03:09 AM
Stump Rules!

I don't want to buy a bike ( I'm too much of a speeder anyway) but I just wanted to tell you sorry about your bike! I know how guys are with them...like their babies and your was brand new!

Have you posted an ad on craigslist? Seems to be a sure bet for selling anything these day.

Don't be too too sad though since it is just a materiel thing anyway

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 12-04-2013, 03:20 AM

Yeah, I put it on CL as well. It really sucks that I traded in my 2011 FB Lo, and we were planning on doing some long trips; the wife and me. If I can't sell it, it'll just be paid for while it sits lol.

I know it's ••••ty, but better to be alive than the alternative. I appreciate the support.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:15 AM
Stump Rules!

Yes, better then to have Harley'ed and lost then to have never Harley'ed at all...or totally better then to have Honda'ed

Ok that's enough. I hope you feel better soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
Yeah, I put it on CL as well. It really sucks that I traded in my 2011 FB Lo, and we were planning on doing some long trips; the wife and me. If I can't sell it, it'll just be paid for while it sits lol.

I know it's ••••ty, but better to be alive than the alternative. I appreciate the support.

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 12-04-2013, 09:53 PM

I've been riding for 27 years, from dirt to street, to touring... it pains me to have to give it up, but I understand the "why" completely and will deal with it. I will stay strong thanks to God and my faith.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:07 AM
Hailey's Dad

That's a sweet bike. Where is it located and how much?
Old 12-05-2013, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
That's a sweet bike. Where is it located and how much?
I love it man.. It's really an amazing ride. PM sent.