Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 11-27-2013, 03:11 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Chris F View Post
Well he is more news. The were in a sever car wreck Friday. He is fine my daughter was hurt pretty bad. her arm had to be stiched up from her elbow to her pinky. My gut tells me he was on his phone we he wrecked the car into a stone highway wall. Well he is not doing a good job taking care of her. He is staying up all night playing games and hanging out with friends but feel to bad to go to work. Needless to say he has ALOT of growing up to do.

Your prayers are always appreciated.
I have seen a lot of young pregnant women in situations similar to this. Usually, though not always, the young woman grows up after having the baby and ends up realizing that baby daddy will never be a responsible, helpful parent. The resentment builds and she eventually leaves. My advice, make sure she knows that she has an escape option available to her and that you still love her. That does not mean giving in to letting her be wild and disregard your house rules, but it does mean forgiving when the time comes and helping her be safe along with your grandchild. I'll continue praying for the situation. I hope it all works out for the best and that she sees the light sooner rather than later. Please continue to keep us posted. We do care on this website even if we argue politics and religion until we're blue in the face.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 11-28-2013, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I have seen a lot of young pregnant women in situations similar to this. Usually, though not always, the young woman grows up after having the baby and ends up realizing that baby daddy will never be a responsible, helpful parent. The resentment builds and she eventually leaves. My advice, make sure she knows that she has an escape option available to her and that you still love her. That does not mean giving in to letting her be wild and disregard your house rules, but it does mean forgiving when the time comes and helping her be safe along with your grandchild. I'll continue praying for the situation. I hope it all works out for the best and that she sees the light sooner rather than later. Please continue to keep us posted. We do care on this website even if we argue politics and religion until we're blue in the face.

~Amy
Good advice, Amy. It's hard to watch the ones you love choose hard paths/lessons; when they're that determined all you can do is let them know you're still there with your love.

Last edited by Bonnie; 11-28-2013 at 07:05 AM.
Old 12-01-2013, 02:25 AM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post

~Amy
This
Old 12-17-2013, 01:10 AM
7X Prediction Champ !!!!!

Thanks all. We have made it clear that we love her no matter the bad choices she made or will make. Our love for her has no conditions. We told her she can come home whenever she needs to. We are trying to not be THAT type of in law but we will not turn blind eye neither. Her OBGYN told her to stop riding in the car he is driving because he has no business behind a wheel. We are hoping they take his DL away but at the same itme he needs it to keep his job and so we are torn. We just pray she will stay home and let him risk his own life in a car. Thank you all very much for you prayers and thoughts
Old 12-17-2013, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Chris F View Post
Thanks all. We have made it clear that we love her no matter the bad choices she made or will make. Our love for her has no conditions. We told her she can come home whenever she needs to. We are trying to not be THAT type of in law but we will not turn blind eye neither. Her OBGYN told her to stop riding in the car he is driving because he has no business behind a wheel. We are hoping they take his DL away but at the same itme he needs it to keep his job and so we are torn. We just pray she will stay home and let him risk his own life in a car. Thank you all very much for you prayers and thoughts
she really should be careful getting into the car with him .. and if he is going to be driving the kid around when he or she is born, he either needs to smarten up, or she needs to let him know he can't drive either of them ...

you are doing great with this imo, just let her know she always has a place to come home to .. texasrn said it best .. she will probably smarten up, and she will remember how supportive you are ..
Old 02-21-2014, 01:01 AM
7X Prediction Champ !!!!!

So just a little update. The son in law his jobs because he kept calling in sick because he would stay up all night paying video games and then call in or go home early. And now the little fartknockers has told our daughter not to let my wife see her grandkid. I am real close to driving over there and inserting my foot in his hind quarters. Thank you all for your continued prayers