Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 11-20-2013, 10:46 PM
7X Prediction Champ !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Governor is going to come and ask Rick for sanctuary for him and the girls.
I was thinking the same but would not fit the story line as well. I think Carol will be in Martinez's group and she will tell them they are weak and they will all attack. Then they will leave the prison on the mid-season finale.
Old 11-21-2013, 03:19 AM
Administrator

Supposedly there are only two more episodes this year. One of those is obviously going to be the mid-season finale, but I'm thinking that next episode will be more catching up with the Governor like last episode. So I don't expect the Governor and Rick's group to clash again until the mid-season finale.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:14 PM
Administrator

And here I thought they were trying to turn the Governor into a good guy.

Looks like bad news for the prison next episode. This is when they need Carol to rush in and save the day at the last minute.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:14 PM
7X Prediction Champ !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
And here I thought they were trying to turn the Governor into a good guy.

Looks like bad news for the prison next episode. This is when they need Carol to rush in and save the day at the last minute.
Yeah that would be pretty funny. I would be surprised if Carol appears again till later in the season. I am glad the Governor is back, Rick needs a good protagonist. I am still thinking there must be another group floating around. If you watch the webisodes I bet they will make more sense if that is the case
Old 11-27-2013, 01:59 AM
Administrator

I heard some rumors of a spin-off show, but initially dismissed them as a fanboy pipe dream. However, it appears they really are planning to make a second TV series based in the same universe:
http://tvline.com/2013/09/16/walking...spin-off-2015/

I'm probably the only one who didn't know this, now that I think about it. Now I'm wondering if Carol will be an anchor character for the new series; so they can make sure audiences understand that it's the same world and the same rules apply.

Anyways, it sounds like a cool idea to me and I think there is great potential for the new show as long as they keep the events of that series far away from Georgia. Similar to how they had three CSI shows set in Las Vegas, Miami and New York.

I'm hoping that they set it somewhere that is geographically very different from Georgia. Maybe even around Albuquerque, New Mexico where Breaking Bad took place. They already seem to have a good relationship with the New Mexico state government, so why not continue using the location? Although, considering how New Mexico is a sparsely populated, desert state, it doesn't really lend itself to having massive herds of zombies walking around. In fact, last I checked, sheep and cattle still outnumbered people in New Mexico 2 to 1.

I just really hope it's not a prequel and that the events of the spin-off show run concurrently with the existing show.
Old 11-27-2013, 02:46 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
I heard some rumors of a spin-off show, but initially dismissed them as a fanboy pipe dream. However, it appears they really are planning to make a second TV series based in the same universe:

I'm probably the only one who didn't know this, now that I think about it. Now I'm wondering if Carol will be an anchor character for the new series; so they can make sure audiences understand that it's the same world and the same rules apply.

Anyways, it sounds like a cool idea to me and I think there is great potential for the new show as long as they keep the events of that series far away from Georgia. Similar to how they had three CSI shows set in Las Vegas, Miami and New York.

I'm hoping that they set it somewhere that is geographically very different from Georgia. Maybe even around Albuquerque, New Mexico where Breaking Bad took place. They already seem to have a good relationship with the New Mexico state government, so why not continue using the location? Although, considering how New Mexico is a sparsely populated, desert state, it doesn't really lend itself to having massive herds of zombies walking around. In fact, last I checked, sheep and cattle still outnumbered people in New Mexico 2 to 1.

I just really hope it's not a prequel and that the events of the spin-off show run concurrently with the existing show.

Starts in 2015?! How 'bout now? lol
Old 12-01-2013, 12:04 AM

Quote:

My understanding is that it will be a "prequel" in essence. It will take place before the outbreak with a different cast in a different location.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:06 PM

They got a little crazy with last nights episode.... I won't spoil it, but man they pushed a couple envelopes....
Old 12-02-2013, 06:34 PM
Administrator

SPOILERS FOLLOW!

Yeah, it was definitely one of the most intense episodes of the series so far. I felt completely gutted with Hershel's death. The fact that they made it so gruesome was even more traumatic. He was one of the few men-of-faith on television was wasn't portrayed like an idiot, a bigot, or a lunatic.

I thought the Governor got exactly what was coming to him, though. And it was nice to see that more than one person was able to get their licks in before he died.

One of my favorite parts of the episode was when Lizzie saved Tyreese's life by gunning down two of the Governor's invaders. Showing children using guns in anything resembling a positive way is a major television taboo, so I'm glad that the writers aren't afraid to push that envelope. I think having the children talking about how they needed guns to defend their home was completely justified in that situation and even the most adamant anti-gun loon would have a hard time arguing against that.

Of course, there are still a few gnawing questions:

What was the deal with the dissected rat that Tyreese found just before all hell broke loose?

What was in Bob's shoebox that he didn't want Sasha to see? Probably a bottle of alcohol, but that seems too easy of a guess.

Who all made it out in the bus and why did they just drive off and leave so many people behind?

And, most importantly, WHERE'S JUDITH? I definitely don't think she's dead, because she was way too important of a motivating factor in seasons 2 and 3 for them to just kill her offscreen like that. I'm sure somebody took her and I'm betting it's Michonne.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:39 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Hershel