Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 11-16-2013, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
and the crap keeps rolling downhill onto the people.

The Worst President Ever keeps getting even worse.
Yup. That's it in a nutshell.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 11-16-2013, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator

What's really bad is that my local news outlets are reporting that changing the plans to make this happen will drive costs up even higher. No matter what happens, Americans get screwed again.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 11-16-2013, 12:35 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Our insurance premiums went up. A lot. And our deductibles went up. Our major medical deductible is now.....

$12,000.00

wth
Old 11-16-2013, 02:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Our insurance premiums went up. A lot. And our deductibles went up. Our major medical deductible is now.....

$12,000.00

wth
With a deductible that high, there's almost no point in even having insurance.
Old 11-16-2013, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
It's all starting to fall apart for the President:

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-meet-ins...0--sector.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
What's really bad is that my local news outlets are reporting that changing the plans to make this happen will drive costs up even higher. No matter what happens, Americans get screwed again.

~Amy
I don't think the Upton bill is going anywhere; Harry Reid won't allow it to be voted on once it gets to the Senate so it's basically DOA.

As to the President coming out Thursday with his "fix", that was all political to try to hold down the number of Dems who were thinking about voting, "Yes", to the Upton bill the next day. Also, now he'll be able to go out (and I'm sure he'll do this!) and blame the big bad insurance industry if people fail to get their insurance plans back. He doesn't really care if people get their plans back because he wants them forced into these exchanges, he just wants to look like he cares. He's the master of illusion..."Who are you going to believe, me or your lying eyes?"

I really think the only way Obamacare will die or be defeated is if it ultimately gets unfunded by young people refusing to pay for it, or by Americans using their vote in 2014 and 2016.

Last edited by Bonnie; 11-16-2013 at 06:27 PM.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post

$12,000.00

wth
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
With a deductible that high, there's almost no point in even having insurance.
It's like one ginormous Ponzi scheme, the only difference is the investors, us, are being FORCED to participate whether we want to or not.
Old 11-23-2013, 03:17 AM
Stump Rules!

I haven't really read this thread ( I think) and I haven't posted in here before
(I think) but just stumbled upon it (I think) and had to post BECAUSE..........drum roll please...........I had to pay more to keep my doctor because he wasn't on the plan I have had for the past few years ( because "they" changed it). He was on the more expensive plan, something like twice the price, but I didn't want the HASSLE of starting new so I bought in.
So I do my thing before the dead line...weeks go by and I get a letter in the mail " sorry, your doctor isn't in this new plan you just picked anymore and are paying more for but we are in negotiations so just keep your fingers crossed and we can get him back" blah blah blah...WTF?

I'm pissed!!!

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 11-23-2013, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

I think I read recently that a lot of docs are opting out of the ACA plans because their reimbursement is only about 60% of what they get from medicare, which is already lower than the usual reimbursement.

So what happens is that insurance companies negotiate with doctors the cost of everything from bandaids to chemo. Each insurance company gets their own deal and some insurance companies pay better than others. These companies can even say they won't pay for one medication but will pay for another so the docs have to prescribe what the insurance company wants based on what pharmaceutical company they have a negotiated contract with. The medication may not be the most effective or the cheapest out there but it's what the insurance company will let you have. I have a real problem with the insurance companies having that much control over our health care. That's where I want health care reform to concentrate, not on forcing people to buy sucky insurance plans. There is so much corruption with the insurance companies and NO ONE seems to be looking at that. Everyone wants to blame doctors for expensive health care costs but really, it's the insurance companies and other issues like it that drive the costs up.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 11-23-2013, 01:46 PM
Stump Rules!

This blows!

http://stumpdotcom.com/